- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Wellington Management Company, LLP
- 26 May 18 2018-05-26
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
Tracing our roots to 1928, Wellington Management is one of the world's largest independent investment management firms. With US$1 trillion in assets under management as of 31 December 2017, we serve as a trusted adviser to institutional clients and mutual fund sponsors in over 62 countries. Our innovative investment solutions are built on the strength of proprietary, independent research and span nearly all segments of the global capital markets, including equity, fixed income, multi-asset, and alternative strategies. As a private partnership whose sole business is investment management, our long-term views and interests are aligned with those of our clients. We are committed to attracting a talented and diverse workforce, and to fostering an open, collaborative culture of inclusivity because we believe multiple perspectives lead to more informed investment and business decisions. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome people with diverse life experiences, fresh ideas, and specialized subject-matter expertise.
The Client Service Management (CSM) team contributes to Wellington Management's mission by delivering first class client service across the full breadth of business channels and markets. The Client Analyst will work closely with Client Service Managers in managing overall service delivery and driving the resolution of client service queries, leveraging and coordinating with other line functions within the firm as appropriate. The Client Analyst will coordinate client-related activities within our Client Services Group (CSG), as well as other Wellington line functions to ensure that the firm successfully delivers the agreed upon servicing requirements of each of our clients.
This role is based in Hong Kong and will work with clients in Asia ex Japan.
- Work closely with Client Service Managers in support of a number of assigned relationships from a client service stand point, pro-actively monitoring service delivery
- Establish and maintain relationships with a broad range of institutional clients
- Respond to day-to-day client-initiated questions including ad-hoc service and operational enquiries
- Conduct analysis, initiate research, and respond to enquiries on a wide range of topics including portfolio and product specific information, investment guidelines, compliance issues, legal contracts, fee inquiries and overdrafts etc, sometimes under significant time pressure
- Collaborate with other CSG teams as well as other parts of the firm, identifying internal experts to respond to client issues in a timely manner
- Work with Global Relationship Group to gain an understanding of client intent to ensure that the agreed deliverables are met
- Be involved in the account onboarding, transition management, account restructuring and account closing processes
- Develop an understanding of the depth and breadth of Wellington Management's product offerings
- Capture and maintain client and consultant data in relevant internal systems
- Command a knowledge of the investment business, marketplace, and client investment trends
- Participate in various projects and cross functional working groups
The Client Analyst should have a minimum 3-5 years of professional experience, with sound investment and capital markets knowledge. Previous or direct experience supporting client relationships is viewed positively. In addition, the candidate should possess the following:
- Exceptional project management/organizational skills with a strong detail-orientation, including the ability to follow through, multi-task, be consistently responsive, and manage changing priorities while meeting often strict deadlines
- Sound business judgement, problem-solving skills and intellectual curiosity
- Strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills and the ability to express oneself in both individual and group settings are a must
- Fluency in Mandarin (written and spoken) and Cantonese
- Positive and pro-active attitude, flexibility, and a sense of humor
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse individuals from our clients and global offices
- A college degree is required and a CFA/MBA/Masters in Finance (or progress towards these qualifications) is preferred.
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at Wellington@icareerhelp.com .