China Property Analyst
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- 23 Sep 17
China Property Analyst
Barclay's is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
Our two clearly defined divisions, Barclays UK and Barclays International, provide diversification by business line, geography and customer, enhancing financial resilience and helping to contribute to the delivery of consistent returns through the business cycle. We have a strong core business with exciting prospects, well positioned to deliver long-term value for our shareholders.
Consistent with the objective of delivering long-term sustainable value for all our stakeholders, we have developed our Shared Growth Ambition - our approach to citizenship and the sustainability of the business model we operate. The aim is to make decisions and do business that provides our clients and customers, and the communities which we serve, with access to a prosperous future.
The delivery of our strategy is underpinned by the energy, commitment and passion of our people, and we are clear on our common purpose: to help people achieve their ambitions, in the right way.
Barclay's Global Research provides a wide range of unique ideas to help you make the best investment decisions.
Our Research vision is best described as "differentiation and integration" - we produce proprietary products, differentiated market analysis and actionable investment ideas to sophisticated investors around the globe, integrated across research disciplines, asset classes and geographies
Our Research teams provide unique ideas to sophisticated global investors to help them drive the outperformance of their portfolios
Believing in independence, quality and long-term relationship development, we offer proprietary products, differentiated market analysis and actionable investment ideas across Research disciplines, asset classes and geographies
Overall purpose of role:
• To provide internal and external stakeholders with updated views on Chinese property credits in the USD Asia-ex Japan corporate credit universe. In particular, engage proactively with investors to support them in their investment decisions.
Key specific accountabilities:
• Provide updated views on the fundamentals of Chinese property developers in the Asia-ex Japan Corporate's universe
• Provide tactical trade ideas on USD bonds of credits under coverage
• Publish thematic research reports on issues that are relevant to the Chinese property sector (e.g. regulatory developments, implications of shifts in demand and supply dynamic, technical drivers of bond performance)
• Help drive premier events on Asian Corporates (e.g. roundtables, investor trips)
Stakeholder management and leadership:
• Interact regularly with sales and trading to facilitate the monetization of our research
• Collaborate with other corporate credit analysts to provide investors with a comprehensive view of the corporate credit universe
Risk and Control : All Barclay's colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclay's Policies and Policy Standards
Your Skills and Qualifications will include
• The successful candidate will have a deep understanding of the drivers of corporate credit profiles in the Chinese property sector and accounting conventions
• The candidate is fluent in Mandarin and has a strong understanding of China's property sector
• The ideal candidate will also possess strong communication skills, both verbal and written and a proven history of working well in a team environment
Regulated Role: This role is deemed as a certified role under the PRA & FCA - Individual Accountabilities Regulations and may require the role holder to hold mandatory regulatory qualifications or the minimum qualifications to meet internal company benchmark
This role will require the role holder to hold mandatory registrations with:
• The Hong Kong Monetary Authority (HKMA)
The Benefits: Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our employees. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits that include a competitive salary and all the tools, technology and support you need to succeed.
Our Culture: Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer and are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. For more detailed information, please visit our dedicated Diversity and Inclusion site here.
Purpose and Values
Barclays has a single cross-business Purpose for Barclays and five core Values which underpin it.
Our Purpose is helping people achieve their ambitions in the right way. Put simply this is the answer to the question 'What is Barclays for?' and it should guide our every action as employees.
We respect and value those we work with, and the contribution that they make.
We act fairly, ethically and openly in all we do.
We put our clients and customers at the centre of what we do.
We use our energy, skills and resources to deliver the best, sustainable results.
We are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.