Chief Infomation Officer
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Robert Walters Hong Kong
- 12 Jan 18 2018-01-12
* An expanding cryptocurrency company firm is seeking a Chief Information Officer. This is a fantastic opportunity to work with innovative enterprises on cutting edge decentralised application projects. Applicants are expected to have some familiarity with blockchain / cryptocurrency technologies, with Ethereum being highly desirable (i.e. smart contracts, ERC-20 tokens), though prior experience is NOT required.
- Lead a team of IT professionals, providing coaching and development.
- Development of the application and infrastructure roadmap for the organiation.
- Demand and capacity management, prioritisation and execution of strategic IT initiatives and project initiatives within the organisation.
- Ensuring focused structuring, planning and control of all projects and timely/proactive engagement of stakeholders on issues and risks. Ensures that resource loading is a key strength while maintaining an appropriate balance of internal employees and external contractors.
- Maintenance of readiness to ensure business continuity in response to widespread events (i.e. cyber, natural disaster).
- Recruitment and development of high performing talent; development of a learning environment; demonstrating teamwork, respect and collaboration across the IT function.
- Bachelors' Degree in computer science, information and technology, software engineering or a related field (Advanced degree preferred).
- Minimum of 15+ years of diversified Information Technology experience with at least 5+ years leading an IT function of an organisation.
- Experienced in formulating and executing innovative commercial arrangements for products and/or services to provide value to customers.
- Experience in the adoption and use of an agile methodology and the transition from or co-existence with traditional system development life cycle methods and tools.
- Financial acumen with knowledge of financial and economic fundamentals, and business processes, systems and roles.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and writing skills required to represent the organisation both internally and externally.
- Previous experience serving on industry organisations, associations and peer-level groups.