C# or React.js Front Office Software Engineer, VP
As an experienced member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally. The Role:
A C#/Java hands-on engineer and team lead, working within Equity Derivatives Technology, specifically as part of the eSTAC team (Evo Secondary Trading And Convertibles) team of trading applications, where you would be joining to work on specifically Cabriolet and EvoXL applications.
Cabriolet is the strategic platform for Convertible Bonds Trading covering end-to-end trading / Order Management System
EvoXL is a flexible structuring tool which is closely tied to the quantitative library (QLIB). The team are currently undertaking a transformation of the system, introducing a workflow and RFQ system. Key Responsibilities:
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Hands on development of new applications and new components of existing systems.
- Leading the local engineers in HK
- Being a member of the global management team, and working with global Cabriolet/EvoXL/eSTAC teams across HK/Mumbai/London/NY/BA
- Experience working directly with end users / front office users (Sales/Traders/Quants/etc) preferable as part of engineering tasks and L3 support of the applications.
- Experience working in a modern stack, any cloud platform would be useful or willingness to learn.
- Deliver innovative solutions and help modernization journey
- Provide a high level of user experience through an innovative and intuitive user interface.
- Experience facing off to senior stakeholders i.e. traders/sales/qr, managing expectations and building relationships.
We are looking for a proactive and self-motivated lead with strong engineering focus with a positive attitude and excellent team-working, communication, analytical and problem solving skills who enjoys working on front office technology projects and leading from the front. Essential skills:
- Expert knowledge of one of these languanges: React.js or C# or Java
- Experience managing small teams
- Basic understanding of design patterns, development methodologies and coding standards
- Experience in code management and automated build, testing and deployment practices
- Experience of project lifecycle, breaking requirements down into technical deliverables and estimating work required
- Basic understanding of equity derivative products and convertible bonds
- Business knowledge of any markets area, i.e. Fixed Income/Bonds, Equities, Credit all welcome.
- Experience working in a front office environment