At AIA we've started an exciting movement to create a healthier, more sustainable future for everyone.
It's about finding new ways to not only better people's lives, but to better the communities and environments we live in. We need great Actuaries who want to be part of something bigger than finance alone. Because the better we can nurture our financial wellbeing as an organisation, the better we can support and make a difference for our customers when they need us most. By ensuring our products are well designed and priced, analysing business performance and ensuring proper management of insurance policies in-force, you're not just safeguarding AIA's financial wellbeing. You're securing a better future for the people and communities we serve - today, tomorrow and for generations to come. If that interests you, read on. WE ARE LOOKING FOR .....
Perform financial underwriting and provide actuarial support to Corporate Solutions business with the objective of achieving business ANP, VONB and OPAT targets. Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide portfolio analysis on profitability and pricing retention for management.
- Perform experience studies to support pricing assumptions, manual rate review, costing in special terms
- Perform in-depth claim analysis for jumbo cases for more accurate pricing
- Underwrites group Life, Medical, PA and Credit life cases by analyzing benefits, claim experience, terms & conditions and reinsurance arrangement to ensure sufficient margin has been catered for projected claims, medical trend, variables, expenses and profit margin while maintaining competitiveness of product
- Reviews benefit scope, terms and conditions of group cases with reference to internal and external rules and guidelines to ensure risk underwriting compliance as well as legal compliance
- Recommends benefit changes and cost-containment proposals for corporate clients by analyzing benefit coverage, scheme terms & conditions, claims pattern, medical trends, portfolio data, industry data as well as employee benefit design trends
- Works with Sales team to identify employee benefit gaps and develop benefit solutions for corporate clients
- Works with Operations, IT and Network team to develop customer-centric benefit solutions which are operational viable
- Gathers claim data, prepares benefit analysis and works out group cases premium projections and terms recommendations for cases exceeding local authority for higher authority review and approval
Projects & Reports
- Participates in projects relating to actuarial solutions, service enhancement or business initiatives
- Prepares regular and ad hoc underwriting reports as required
- Contacts with reinsurers for facultative reinsurance arrangement to support special quotes with non-standard benefits and terms
- Recommends enhancement of benefits and terms for corporate clients and works with reinsurer on benefit enhancements
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Performs other responsibilities and duties periodically assigned by supervisor in order to meet business requirements
- University / College graduate plus over 1 year related working experience.
- Communication & interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to team work.
- You are required to obtain relevant license if your job involves in regulated activities
- Candidates with more experience will be considered for more senior position level
Build a career with us as we help our customers and the community live Healthier, Longer, Better Lives.
You must provide all requested information, including Personal Data, to be considered for this career opportunity. Failure to provide such information may influence the processing and outcome of your application. You are responsible for ensuring that the information you submit is accurate and up-to-date.