COO - eDiscovery specialist - VP
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Deutsche Bank APAC
- 22 Sep 18 2018-09-22
COO - eDiscovery specialist - VP
Operations provides support for all of Deutsche Bank's businesses to enable them to deliver transactions and processes to clients. Our people work in established global financial centres such as London, New York, Frankfurt and Singapore, as well as specialist development and service centres in locations including Bucharest, Moscow, Pune, Dublin and Cary. We process payments in excess of a trillion euros across the bank's platforms, support thousands of trading desks and enable millions of banking transactions, share trades and emails every day.
A dynamic and diverse division, our objective is to make sure that all our services are executed in a timely and professional manner, that risk is minimised and that the client experience is positive. We are proud of the professionalism of our people, and the work they do. In return, we offer excellent career development opportunities to foster skills and talent.
eDiscovery require an experienced eDiscovery expert to support and work closely with our internal stakeholders in APAC. The position will be based in Hong Kong, and will be co-located with DB's Legal and Data Privacy teams in Hong Kong, to optimize the support provided for all their litigation, investigation and other electronic discovery matters. This will ensure the single resource is not isolated, but instead is embedded with the teams that use the eDiscovery service and can operate efficiently in close conjunction with those teams.
DB's eDiscovery Operations team require an eDiscovery Specialist to provide overall project management of eDiscovery related requests related to DB's litigation, investigation and other internal reviews matters.
This will involve supporting multiple internal stakeholder teams (Legal, Compliance, HR, Incident Management, AFC) with eDiscovery planning, coordination of data collections and assisting with processing and search strategies where required.
The specialist will consult with the stakeholders throughout the lifecycle of relevant matters, and will
- Provide expertise in identifying what data is available and is relevant to the matter
- Provide guidance on data preservation
- manage the collection of data
- Provide guidance and assist with production
- Provide coordination between stakeholders and internal eDiscovery and IT functions and various vendors that support our eDiscovery and data processing requests.
The eDiscovery specialist will advise clients on eDiscovery protocols and processes. A key requirement will be ensuring all data is collected and handled in accordance with relevant regulations, and that the chain of custody is documented to maintain a robust evidentiary management process.
Finally the role will also be responsible for
- assisting and enabling internal stakeholders to work effectively with documents processing and review software, and other relevant IT systems for handling case-related information
- maintaining and continuously improving best practice eDiscovery processes
Skills and Experience Required
The successful candidate will have:
- A Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline
- Excellent understanding of the legal framework of eDiscovery, existing protocols, practices and relevant legal standards.
- A detailed knowledge of forensic procedures for analysis, processing and tracking of collected data - media logging, chain of custody, hashing/integrity, and similar processes
- Experience supporting expert witness work
- Capable of articulating technical concepts effectively. Able to draft concise, accurate and credible written accounts regarding the eDiscovery process.
- Demonstrated skills in project management and capable of managing multiple concurrent projects and competing priorities.
- A professional, collaborative and client-oriented attitude.
- Relevant experience working for a law firm or in a professional services environment (e.g. consulting)
- Some experience of managing projects using Legal Technology solutions such as Nuix, EDT, Relativity or Ringtail
Deutsche Bank offers a challenging and rewarding career where your contribution is valued and rewarded. We have an inclusive and friendly working environment coupled with excellent facilities and benefits.
Deutsche Bank is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability.