International Multibillion dollar Hedge Fund seeking to add a COO to their fast-growing team. Excellent salary and bonus on offer.
- Oversee and manage all non-investment duties within the company
- Lead a team of around 5-6 middle office staff
- Daily liaison with the CIO and CFO, and manage communications with external parties (auditors, PB’s, fund admin, SFC etc)
- Preparing daily position and trade reconciliations between clients’ books and records and their Prime Brokers’
- Working with clients and prime brokers on trade break resolutions
- Preparing monthly tri-party position, cash, market value and accrual reconciliations
- Preparing monthly performance estimates for COO clients
- Review monthly Administrator NAV Packages and make updates to the portfolio accounting system if necessary
- Build and maintain fund accrual schedules
- Processing Corporate Actions for securities held in client portfolios, including cash and stock dividends, stock splits, and mergers and acquisitions
- Providing support for the conversion of new clients (middle office), including providing training to clients on technology and processes
- Manage other team members
- Act as a point of escalation for client issues.
- Able to meet with prospective clients and be able to effectively communicate and market Middle office services.
- Lead new client onboardings.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Extensive management experience in multiple locations with large volume of employees
- 10+ years of total experience within the financial services industry. Middle office experience working with hedge funds is preferred
- General knowledge of and familiarity with financial instruments (i.e. equities, fixed income, options, swaps, futures, foreign exchange) within both domestic and global securities markets
- Must have attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including client relationship management
- Strong working knowledge of hedge funds and/or mutual funds
- Hard-working, dedicated, punctual and personable
- Strong accounting and analytical skills
- Strong computer skills:
- Advanced Excel, Portfolio Accounting Systems (Enfusion, Geneva, etc)