CLM Team Head - Global Private Banking
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we’re leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at HSBC. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you’ll be. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC Private Bank seeks to be the leading international private bank for business owners and their families. It provides clients with wealth, business and family succession solutions in the largest and fastest growing markets around the world. At HSBC Private Bank, we put our clients at the centre of everything we do.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as a CLM Team Head.
- Oversight and manage the team owning responsibilities for key aspects of client on boarding and ongoing CDD reviews to fulfil AML and regulatory requirements and internal policies for the Trust and Fiduciary Services (TFS) business within GPB Hong Kong
- Scope of responsibilities expected to expand to lead and manage the HNW client account migration from WPB into GPB Hong Kong
- Build a collaborative relationship with key stakeholders within GPB (including Functions such as Compliance, Legal etc.) and cross lines of business to facilitate client on boarding and HNW client migration journeys
- Responsible for managing the processes associated with client transactions and servicing including new account openings, securities transactions, general account maintenance, customer account changes and account closings etc
- Maintain the highest standard of excellence in client service by attending to client enquiries and requests, explaining operational matters to clients etc
- Develop client awareness, understanding and ability to comply with our operational requirements
- Prompt and appropriate action taken to address client feedback or complaints
- Ensure follow up on all risk and compliance issues in a timely manner, ensuring escalation to the appropriate persons or governance forum, where required
- Client facing role which requires HKMA licensing to facilitate possible customer outreach during WPB account migration and customer on boarding to GPB platform and perform ongoing client servicing
- Lastly, take on any ad hoc projects or business initiatives as a senior member in CLM
Customers / Stakeholders
- Build strong relationships with key Group-wide and GPB individuals and at all levels across the 1st and 2nd line of defence to ensure decisions are effectively and completely undertaken in a comprehensive, timely and fair manner for our customers
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships within the Private Banking Business and also within Trust and Fiduciary Services to add value to the internal network
Leadership & Teamwork
- Strong communication and working relationship with Senior Managers in PB
- Share best practice with GPB colleagues and other business lines within region and globally
- Maintain and develop positive and professional working relationships across GPB and other business lines locally and globally
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Ensure the execution of client account migration into the Private Banking business in a timely, orderly and structured manner such that the bank is safeguarded against potential risk
- Liaise with counterparts to share and implement best practices, where appropriate
- Maintain and observe all HSBC control standards, including the timely implementation of recommendations made by internal/external auditors and
external regulators and the escalation of concerns to management as appropriate with regard to timely remediation
- Enable and enforce timely decision-making, particularly where sensitive risk issues are identified
- Undertake case analysis, as required
- Be aware of and comply with any data restrictions
- Reports to the Head of Client Lifecycle Management, Hong Kong within the Chief Operating Officer organisation
- Ability to execute role with limited directions while being mindful of when to seek guidance and approval
Management of Risk
- Ensure compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC and regulatory standards and policies
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintain HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators
- University degree in a relevant discipline
- Proven customer service and communications, with strong sales analytical, organizational, and planning skills
- Good understanding of the major products or services available in the private banking industry
- Strong understanding of customer due diligence and risk identification
- Positive, self-motivated and independent person, with flexibility to accommodate changing environment and willingness to take on new responsibilities
- Ability to use strong judgmental skills to identify and resolve problems
- Able to cope with pressure and tight deadlines
- A good team player with ability to build connections and work collaboratively across the HSBC Group
- Experience in leading and managing people
- Organised and experience in project managing large and complex projects
- Excellent communication skills in English, Mandarin or Cantonese
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and web-based research skills
- Licensed role type 1 and 4 required
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.