CIB Operations - Fund Accounting Associate
Key Accountabilities / Responsibilities
Primary responsibility of the fund accounting associate is to manage the work flow, scheduling of assignments and quality control through the review and approval process of accounting and securities records for each fund administered, ensuring all prescribed controls have been adhered to by the Fund Accountants. Problem investigation and resolution where accounting or securities transactions are seen to break the validation tolerances of the JP Morgan system.
Day to day deliveries of portfolio valuation to client. Timely NAV production, accounting validation and management escalation, in the event of issues, is essential to the success of the individual's and coordinate escalated issues. Qualifications
• University graduate, preferably with a major in Accounting or Finance.
• Minimum 5 years fund accounting experience.
• CPA preferred but not essential.
• Strong technical skill including accounting principles and theories.
• Fluency in English, with advanced Mandarin being preferable.
• Thorough understanding of securities types and their accounting treatments.
• Proven ability to establish and prepare key metrics to measure workflow capacity, system efficiency and effectiveness of control.
• Analytical with good problem-solving skills. Attention to detail.
• Control focus with a thorough understanding of operational risk.
• Business process and procedure orientated.
• Excellent communication skill.
• Proven ability to operate effectively in a matrix organization with ability to work under pressure and multiple tight timeframes.
• Strong time-management skills and sense of urgency.
• Self-starter with ability to learn quickly.