CIB Legal- APAC Markets Legal Team - Executive Director / Vice President
CIB Legal- APAC Markets LegalTeam - Executive Director / Vice President
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is aleading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion andoperations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financialservices for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financialtransaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow JonesIndustrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers inthe United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate,institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands.Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available atwww.jpmorganchase.com.
J.P. Morgan is a place for talented peoplefrom all backgrounds and perspectives because our clients come from allbackgrounds and perspectives. We encourage a culture of inclusion, whereeveryone's opinion counts and all employees have the freedom to deliver theirabsolute best. This is why we work hard and invest in attracting and developinga diverse workforce. Learn more about our Business Resource Groups in how theyhelp our employees build successful careers and reach their greatest potential. Role Description:
The APAC Markets Legal team is seeking alawyer to support the APAC Markets business, with a primary focus ontransactional work within the Exotics structured products and derivatives businessesacross APAC. The role requires the lawyer to provide comprehensive legalcoverage for the various sales, structuring and trade teams within thesebusinesses. The lawyer is required to work closely with the business,control partners and the Legal team on all aspects of a broad spectrum oftransactions (mainly on exotic and bespoke transactions such as those linked toproprietary algorithmic and dynamic indices and strategies, wrapped in OTC,structured note, SPV note or fund formats, margin loans, equity collarfinancings, monetarization transactions to other bespoke OTC derivativetransactions), including engaging in initial structuring discussions, advisingon legal and regulatory issues, drafting, reviewing and negotiating bespokedocumentation and engaging and supervising external counsel where required.This role requires the lawyer to be able to proactively identify issues relatedto the business and particular transactions, provide commercially pragmaticadvice to the business and work well both within the Markets Legal team andwith other functions such as Compliance, Credit, Risk, Operations, Finance andTax. The successful candidate will also be required to keep abreast of the keyregulatory agenda of the US, EMEA and APAC having an impact on JPMorganbusinesses in APAC and advise on potential effect of any regulatory changes inconjunction with global, regional and in-country teams. This will entaildeveloping and leading trainings and workshops for the front office and otherinternal stakeholders as well as producing technical updates and alerts.
- A qualifiedlawyer from a common law jurisdiction with approximately 6 - 10+ years PQE andrelevant experience gained at an international law firm and/or a leadingfinancial institution
- Excellentdrafting, negotiation and legal analytical skills with strong attention todetail
- Strongcommercial focus with a solution-driven approach, and the ability to apply andanalyse the implications of regulatory changes to a business environment
- Exemplarybusiness partnership skills, with the ability to lead the business and set aclear direction in relation to managing regulatory change
- Outstandingtechnical legal and communication skills, including the ability to presentclear and concise legal advice to the highest standard, and conducttrainings/workshops
- Ability toproactively manage competing priorities, project-manage and co-ordinate largeprojects, in a dynamic global environment.
- Ability toapply technical product knowledge and experience to complex and innovativetransactions and products
- Team player,confident and self-motivating with strong interpersonal skills