CIB Legal- APAC Cash Equities/Prime Brokerage Legal Team - Executive Director / Vice President
CIB Legal- APAC Markets Legal Team - Executive Director / Vice President
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
J.P. Morgan is a place for talented people from all backgrounds and perspectives because our clients come from all backgrounds and perspectives. We encourage a culture of inclusion, where everyone's opinion counts and all employees have the freedom to deliver their absolute best. This is why we work hard and invest in attracting and developing a diverse workforce. Learn more about our Business Resource Groups in how they help our employees build successful careers and reach their greatest potential. Role Description:
The APAC Markets Legal team is seeking a lawyer to support the APAC Markets business, with a primary focus on transactional work within the Prime Brokerage (both cash and synthetic) and Cash Equities (including DMA and e-trading) businesses across APAC. The role requires the lawyer to provide comprehensive legal coverage for the various sales and trading teams within these businesses. The lawyer is required to work closely with the business, control partners and the Legal team on all aspects of a broad spectrum of the businesses (mainly on negotiation of both cash and synthetic prime brokerage documentation, advising on 'platform' type issues such as the custody arrangements, risk management of hedges, reviewing both proprietary and client algorithmic transactions and others), including engaging in initial business discussions, advising on legal and regulatory issues, drafting, reviewing and negotiating template and bespoke documentation and engaging and supervising external counsel where required. This role requires the lawyer to be able to proactively identify issues related to the business and particular transactions, provide commercially pragmatic advice to the business and work well both within the Markets Legal team and with other functions such as Compliance, Credit, Risk, Operations, Finance and Tax. The lawyer will likely manage a team of multiple Prime Brokerage and Cash lawyers, and therefore is required to be a strong leader with substantial managerial experience. The successful candidate will also be required to keep abreast of the key regulatory agenda of the US, EMEA and APAC having an impact on JPMorgan businesses in APAC and advise on potential effect of any regulatory changes in conjunction with global, regional and in-country teams. This will entail developing and leading trainings and workshops for the front office and other internal stakeholders as well as producing technical updates an d alerts. Candidate Qualifications
- A qualified lawyer from a common law jurisdiction with approximately 6 - 10+ years PQE and relevant experience gained at an international law firm and/or a leading financial institution
- Excellent drafting, negotiation and legal analytical skills with strong attention to detail
- Strong commercial focus with a solution-driven approach, and the ability to apply and analyse the implications of regulatory changes to a business environment
- Strong experience in managing a team of lawyers
- Exemplary business partnership skills, with the ability to lead the business and set a clear direction in relation to managing regulatory change
- Outstanding technical legal and communication skills, including the ability to present clear and concise legal advice to the highest standard, and conduct trainings/workshops
- Ability to proactively manage competing priorities, project-manage and co-ordinate large projects, in a dynamic global environment.
- Ability to apply technical product knowledge and experience to complex and innovative transactions and products
- Team player, confident and self-motivating with strong interpersonal skills