CIB F&BM Asia Recovery & Resolution PMO , Associate
- Competitive package will be offered
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- 16 Nov 17 2017-11-16
Project Management role in Finance Control team
The Dodd-Frank Act requires large, systemically important financial institutions such as JPMorgan Chase to submit Board-approved Recovery & Resolution Plans ("RRPs"; a.k.a. Living Wills) to US regulators annually and upon the occurrence of material changes to the Company. Recovery Plans need to demonstrate how the firm would recover if the firm were to experience significant decreases in capital and liquidity as a result of a severe, crisis event. Resolution Plans need to demonstrate how JPM would be resolved in an orderly way (i.e., without causing a major market disruption), if the company ever became bankrupt. These plans are a strategic priority for the firm as failure to produce comprehensive, credible plans could lead to more stringent capital, leverage or liquidity requirements, and ultimately, to possible firm-wide structural/organizational changes. Similar regulatory requirements are in the process of being developed in Asian jurisdictions.
JPMorgan Chase is seeking an Associate to join the CIB Resolution and Recovery PMO team in Hong Kong. This PMO team is responsible for planning, managing and ensuring quality control of the APAC R&R content and deliverables.
Primary responsibilities for this role include:
As a member of the APAC CIB R&R team, this role is responsible for a variety of day-to-day activities in support of the development and ongoing maintenance of firmwide Resolution Plan and the creation of the local Recovery & Resolution plans to meet with local regulatory requirement in APAC locations when required.
Specific duties would include the following:
- Act as point contact for APAC R&R matters
- Coordinate APAC CIB MLEs Resolution submission as part of the firmwide Resolution Plan submission
- Partner with LECs and relevant SMEs to complete the Resolution deliverables including Plan Narrative documentation, Pro forma analysis, Governance Playbook, etc.
Perform Resolution Appendix Data review and validation in BAU
Liaise with Global/Regional R&R teams to ensure appropriate operating model for any new/change request for appendix review process
- Lead the creation of local recovery / resolution planning submission where required e.g. HK Recovery Plan
Effectively coordinate the project deliverables in order to meet project objectives/milestones and timeline
- Create, manage, maintain and update schedule on a program level in a complex project environment
- Proactively identify potential roadblocks/obstacles and escalate issues as needed
- Ensure implementation of firmwide/global R&R standards and process
- Coordinate Audit requests
- Handle R&R related regulatory requests, inquiries, consultations
- Other key projects e.g. LE Simplifications, Asia Booking Model practice, etc.
At least 3 years of experience in finance, operations and/or project management
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Knowledge of and competency in project management process, including planning tasks, allocating resources, risk management, issues management, change management, working in teams, monitoring and reporting, documentation and record keeping.
- Able to work under pressure and multi-task
- Work proactively and independently as well as in a team environment
Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively; develop strong partnerships with all levels of employees
- Ability to build strong relationships with senior management from different lines of business/functions throughout the firm
- Strong presentation and written communication skills
- Strong qualitative analytical skills with attention to details and problem solving skills
Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word. Experience in management reporting preferred
Basic knowledge of accounting and ledger systems preferred
PMP Certification desired