CIB F&BM - Legal Entity Controller - Associate - Hong Kong
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. The Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
Hong Kong is the regional headquarters for J.P. Morgan's Asia Pacific business, which operates in more than 35 offices across 16 countries. Having launched nearly 90 years ago through a heritage firm, J.P. Morgan is one of Hong Kong's longest established foreign financial services businesses. The Hong Kong Legal Entity Group Controller (HKLEC) has
oversight responsibility for the integrity (completeness and accuracy) of financial statement/regulatory reporting information recorded in managed legal entities. This requires collaboration with the lines of business (business managers, product / business controllers) that have activity in that legal entity to ensure that legal entity implications (e.g., accounting policy, regulatory reporting, capital, etc) of transactions are considered.
The HKLEC which is part of the CIB has an open position for a highly motivated individual. Job Description Job functions/responsibilities
- Oversight month-end close process to ensure accurate and complete close of books & records, perform analytical review to identify any significant misstatement on P&L / BS, liaise with business managers / controllers to identify business drivers for significant variances.
- Work with LOB Business Managers / Controllers to assess the financial and regulatory implications on new businesses and products.
- Review / sign off of US regulatory submissions.
- General Ledger oversight on suspense and nostro clearing process, follow up with support teams on long outstanding, approval for reference data set up.
- Supervise and provide guidance to services providers on related matters / reporting.
- Responsibility for the reconciliation and substantiation of accounts owned by HKLEC, monitor overall reconciliation & substantiation process and review associated management reports.
- Prepare meeting materials / papers for various location management meetings.
- Coordinate with internal and external auditors, regulators as and when needed
- Impact analysis / GAP analysis for new accounting standards or new regulations.
- Ad hoc queries and projects as required.
- Accounting / Finance background - preferable with financial reporting background - with sound technical and business knowledge, with at least 5 years relevant working experience;
- Good knowledge of IFRS, US GAAP and internal controls
- Knowledge in Equities product a plus
- Enthusiastic, highly motivated, excellent analytical, interpersonal, communication and influencing skills;
- Control and efficiency mindset;
- Strong organizational and time management skills; able to work under pressure and multiple deliverables with competing deadlines
- Good team player