CIB - Executive Administrative Assistant
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com .
J.P. Morgan is a place for talented people from all backgrounds and perspectives because our clients come from all backgrounds and perspectives. We encourage a culture of inclusion, where everyone's opinion counts and all employees have the freedom to deliver their absolute best. This is why we work hard and invest in attracting and developing a diverse workforce. Learn more about our Business Resource Groups in how they help our employees build successful careers and reach their greatest potential.
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is looking to hire a top performing executive assistant to support a diverse team of bankers. Candidate should have excellent interpersonal skills as this is a client facing role. In addition, candidates should be motivated, flexible, approachable, and smart and should possess a "can do" attitude. Role requires someone who is a committed team player, proactive, helpful, and who can anticipate and solve problems and can communicate well with all levels of staff. Investment Banking is a fast-paced environment and assistants who join will have the opportunity to work alongside some of the top talent in the industry.
As an Executive Administrative Assistant, you will perform diverse secretarial duties and administrative functions requiring extreme confidentiality, initiative and sound decision-making and coordinate efforts with the other admins across CIB. You will rely on excellent organizational skills and the ability to effectively handle multiple priorities. You will need to adapt procedures, processes and techniques to the completion of assignments and in line with the department's activities and goals. Duties also include meeting and heavy travel coordination; managing calendar and recurring client / team events, submitting expenses via Concur, heavy phone coverage, and reviewing incoming correspondence / emails and preparing responses. Additionally, you will exercise independent judgment, escalating.
In addition to this, the Executive Assistant job performance expectations will include:
• Strong ability to manage and handle demanding calendars, often organizing meetings across product groups, regions and with internal and external clients
• Ability to work in a fast paced, ever changing environment and to effectively handle multiple priorities with a calm, professional and willing attitude
• Strong inter-personal and partnership skills, i.e. develop relationships with clients, bankers, product partners
• Strong organization and time management skills, i.e. to manage schedules and workload
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Telephone Coverage and excellent telephone etiquette
• Proven tact and good judgment in confidential situations
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team to ensure that the needs of the business are always met and adequate assistant coverage is provided to the group
• Tasks, whether routine or urgent, are completed successfully and in a timely manner
• Open to taking on increased and/or new responsibilities at any time
• Understanding and demonstrating good problem-solving skills
• Travel Arrangements
Administrative /general tasks
• Assisting with various business management related projects
• Keep contacts and client lists current
• Establishing and maintaining open communication policies with peers and managers
• Making yourself available to your peers to assist with overflow, special projects and day-to-day tasks
• Maintaining familiarity with all policy and technology updates
The ideal candidate would have 7-10 years of experience in an Executive Assistant role supporting Senior level manager recently and possess the following skills:
• Fluency in business level English & Mandarin with excellent communication skills
• Bachelor's Degree Preferred
• Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Outlook calendaring and email management
• Calendar Management
• Understanding of global organizational structure
• Knowledge of Compliance protocol helpful
• Willingness to learn new things and ability to grasp new concepts quickly