CIB - Credit Trading - High Yield Trader - Analyst
Key Responsibilities covered bythese areas:
This role sits within the frontoffice and will be working in a dynamic and busy trading floor environment. Youwill cover institutional accounts and make markets in your group's particularrange of products. You will be managing risk, liquidity and exposure and youwill support and manage all aspects of the trading desk: pre-trade analysis,research on index constituent changes, inbound and outbound trade processingand the design of optimal strategies for large trades. Tracking supply anddemand, you constantly evaluate market developments in order to give clientsaccurate product information.
- Market making a broad range of High Yield / Crossover Credits
- Provide a meaningful contribution to revenue and client franchise; Exploit revenue and minimise loss potential.
- Leverage technology and analytics to drive pricing/hedging as well as idea generation
- Understand market drivers (of those markets in which involved), market moves, and the numbers behind it all, as well as cross-asset implications
- Employs knowledge of industry/sector to read "between the lines" of news or other developments
- Exhibit sound judgment under pressure and maintain composure through challenging trading environments
- Know the implications of events on the entire trading desk, anticipate market outcomes; Outperform the market and competition through thorough understanding of fundamental and technical aspects of market
- Ensure all relevant parties (vertically and horizontally) are kept abreast of key developments; Provide a solution-based framework to business practice and clients; Take the initiative to make things better
- Understand drivers of relevant markets and establish a high degree of competence with clients around executing trades
- Understands firm's approach and policies for managing risks in relevant business and applicable legal and regulatory rules, and follows policies
- Build foundation of trust with clients by demonstrating an understanding of their needs and being responsive
- Engage others in active dialogue; Drive group involvement; build active collaboration with and trust of clients and internal constituencies;
- Models and promotes coaching and continuous learning. Informally mentors and coaches others
- Drives the IB people development agenda through leadership of key initiatives (recruiting, mentoring, training etc).
- Understand the firm's approach and policies for managing risks in relevant business and applicable legal and regulatory rules, and follows policies.
- Provide developmental feedback to team members; effectively deliver tough messages and encourage performance improvement.
Thesepoints have been carefully considered as being essential for the role. Your background must accurately reflect all of these for your application to beconsidered.
- Significant experience gained within a Credit Trading role in an investment banking environment, preferably in High Yield Credit
- Ability to discuss in detail your knowledge of the current market (including trends) for Equities
- Have the ability to balance analytical and technical skill set with proven instinct
- Ability to discuss in detail your understanding of the entire landscape: knowledge of the client's sector and client's specific business needs and limitations. Deep understanding of client-specific nuances and leverages that help deliver more value to clients and the firm.
- Ability to discuss in detail your understanding of the various market variables and their impacts on products (pricing, flows etc.)
- Ability to communicate concepts and ideas, both verbally and via documentation, and be able to defend their validity and target messages to different audiences.
- Ability to talk in detail your understanding of how to build a strong talent pipeline; identifies and works to retain strong performers.
- English fluency is essential