CDD/KYC/AML Process Architect - Virtual Banking
- Attractive packages + Bonus
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Robert Walters Hong Kong
- 28 Sep 18
Reporting to the COO, the CDD Process Architect develops and executes the Customer Due Diligence Policy for Virtual Bank. Working with the team of passionate digital bankers, and leveraging on the latest technology, will create and introduce a brand new KYC and CDD process to our retail customers; Goal is to create a world-class digital-only process for the customers, and create a new way they bank with us.
- Establish a digital-only CDD policy which is tailored to the new virtual bank. The policy includes both the onboarding process as well as periodic reviews. Ensure the policy meets the expectations of the Group policy owner(s), and aligns with the strategic agenda of the virtual bank.
- Develop the process to operationalise the policy as digital as possible. This would involve working with the Product Team and frontend developers for the digital delivery, as well as the backend operations team on any manual support and exceptional handling as necessary.
- Conduct regular forecast on the manual resources required and ensure the right level of support.
- Design the daily tracking and monitoring mechanism to ensure strict adherence to the policy and procedure. Develop an effective escalation mechanism on irregularities.
- Work with the Group Policy owner(s) to develop the regular reporting mechanism, explore ways to automate the reporting to minimise manual effort.
- Keep abreast of the latest regulatory and technology trends, and make sure the solution we provide to the customers are the optimal one.
- At least 8 years of experience in the Retail Banking KYC or CDD related discipline, of which no less than 2 years holding a senior position.
- Proven experience in the design of policies and procedures.
- Solid knowledge in the HK Retail Banking KYC/CDD framework
- Familiar with the local regulatory requirements
- Familiar with the existing Bank policy an advantage but not a must
- Genuine interest and ability to create the structure and context with piecemeal info.
- Able to communicate effectively with both English and Chinese
- Knowledge of the Group requirement an advantage but not a must.
- Able to perform hands-on and detailed work, convince stakeholders with facts and solid knowledge.
- Ability to work with different cultures
- Willing to stand and work in ambiguity and fast-changing environment