Business Transformation Analyst – Group Strategy & Projects ( Innovation & Data Lab)
The HKEX Innovation & Data Lab was set up in 2018 as an elite unit tasked with accelerating creative ideas and new technology for HKEX and its markets. Reporting jointly to the HKEX Co-President, CTO and CFO, the Lab has delivered numerous successful initiatives, including a firm-wide robotic process automation programme; a firm-wide data lake project; a suite of regulatory detection tools that use machine learning; partnerships with several regional FinTech start-ups and universities; and the origination of FINI, a deep and innovative technology reform of Hong Kong's world-leading IPO market. The Lab also plays an active role in Hong Kong's FinTech community, which we scout for opportunities and talent.
As our Business Transformation Analyst, you will help HKEX colleagues transform their business operations and client interactions through process re-design, adoption of progressive technologies and savvier use of data. You will spend time with many of the core HKEX teams who power Hong Kong's busy capital markets. You will learn their business goals, processes, product innovations, client needs and challenges, and you will help to deliver lasting digital transformation by planning and successfully applying relevant solutions and capabilities. From derivatives pricing, to high-speed data distribution, to listed company regulation, to securities safekeeping - modernising Hong Kong's capital markets involves a diverse set of stimulating challenges that call for creative thinking and analytical rigour. Job Responsibilities:
- Collaborate closely with subject matter experts across business units to "paint the big picture", formulate future operating models and translate long-term goals into actionable items
- Build and maintain clear user stories for each customer engagement and lead discovery activities to gather, define, and document business requirements
- Apply and promote design thinking, change management and agile/scrum practices in day-to-day management of projects
- Evaluate and present solution options to business colleagues and senior management
- Ownership of project plans and budgets
- 7+years working experience in consulting, digital transformation or other relevant roles
- Analytical thinker as well as solution provider with a can-do attitude
- Ability to think outside-the-box and provide innovative and strategic perspectives
- Proficient in storytelling and creating clear presentations
- Experience in business transformation execution. Experience in agile methodologies and design thinking is a plus
- Experience in Business Process Management
- Fluent written and spoken communication and presentation skills in English and Cantonese/Mandarin.
- Strong experience with operations of an exchange and/or financial institution. Hands on experience in cloud services is an advantage
Applicants who do not hear from us within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. Personal data provided will only be used for the purpose of employment application to HKEX.