Business Risk Senior Officer I
The Business Risk Senior Officer I is a strategic professional who closely follows latest trends in own field and adapts them for application within own job and the business. Typically a small number of people within the business that provide the same level of expertise. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Accountable for significant direct business results or authoritative advice regarding the operations of the business. Necessitates a degree of responsibility over technical strategy. Primarily affects a sub-function. Responsible for handling staff management issues, including resource management and allocation of work within the team/project. Responsibilities:
- Oversight of internal controls, identification of key operational and emerging risks by ensuring appropriate review and continuous assessment, design and execution of those controls and compliance with regulations. Maintain line-of-sight on risk and control matters across all countries in the APAC region with BCMA presence.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the Firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its Clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Participate in various management forums at both the local and Regional levels. Keep BCMA management aware of the risk and control environment of the Business through continuous and open communication, by preparing and hosting Business Risk Committee meetings with Senior Management to present and follow-up on issues, concerns and correct action plans.
- Update and maintain a robust global Manager's Control Assessment (MCA) through Citi's Governance, Risk and Control (GRC) framework. Engage in the risk assessment process, controls and Key Risk Indicators (KRI) thresholds design, as well as continuous monitoring of Key Operational Risks (KORs) in compliance with Citi's Operational Risk Management Policy.
- Responsible for global management reporting in coordination with regional risk and control teams, including quarterly reporting on changes to the control environment, significant events, lessons learned and root cause analysis as applicable. Communication with the global team may involve regular conference calls with the headquarters in US time zones.
- Oversee key operational risk areas and maintain a close working relationship with internal policy owners at the second line of defense, including Independent Compliance Risk Management (ICRM), Operational Risk Management (ORM), Information Security (IS), Third Party Management (TPM), etc.
- Serve as main point of contact for audit groups and ensure that all audit requests are timely and appropriately addressed. Conduct root cause analysis on potential issues identified and support the business in the design of corrective and preventive action plans. Discuss remediation plans with reviewers prior to validation stage.
- Coordinate the implementation of global and regional risk and control projects and initiatives. Work with the relevant country or franchise teams (including processes tied to internal and external third parties) to map and document processes in order to achieve consistency while addressing local nuances.
- Responsible for the planning and delivery of training on key operational risk concepts, tools and underlying policies and procedures.
- Minimum 10 years in Operational Risk Management, Audit, Compliance or other control functions
- Demonstrated strong working knowledge of BCMA products and the related operations and financial requirements
- Excellent project management and organizational skills and capability to handle multiple projects at one time
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in the learning and use of new systems to capture operational risk data for internal analysis
- Knowledge and understanding of Citi applications and systems would be advantageous
Written and spoken Chinese (Mandarin and Cantonese) would be considered a valuable asset Education:
- Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent experience, potentially Masters degree
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - HK------------------------------------------------------
Time Type :Full time------------------------------------------------------
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE .
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE .