Business Risk Manager – Suitability (Wealth Management)
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!About BNP Paribas in Asia Pacific ( www.apac.bnpparibas )
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with more than 190,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you're valued as part of our team!
* excluding partnerships
- Enhance our monitoring of regulatory evolutions and supervisory expectations for WM APAC in the areas of Protection of Clients' Interests / Suitability
- Maintain an assessment of the business risks in WM APAC, identify areas which require thematic controls and perform these controls according to an agreed plan
Suitability & KYC regulations coordination
- Be the main person to monitor regulatory requirements including supervisory expectations in relation to Protection of Clients' Interests
- Ensure in liaison with all relevant stakeholders that WM APAC framework is compliant with our obligations on such regulations
- Take on ad hoc projects assigned by the department head, such as I2P (Investor Protection Program - new Suitability engine for WM)
- To be the key member of the new initiatives
- To drive and gather user requirements, understand the process and analysis accordingly
- Identify the project priority/ constraint for the project plan.
- Engage and work closely with project team, senior leaders and other stakeholders
- Implement, deliver and complete the assigned projects on timely manner
- Able to make feasible recommendation and presentation for management review
- Contribute to develop policies/ procedures and processes in Wealth Management in relation to Business Risk subjects such as Suitability
- Broadcast and provide training on policies and procedures changes and updates
Competencies (Technical / Behavioral)
- Good written and presentation skills
- Able to work in a dynamic environment
- Good team player
- Self-motivated and multi-tasking
- University Degree Holder with minimum 3-5 years of relevant private banking working experience.
- Experience in a business management and/or business risk monitoring and/or project management with the understanding of private banking Front Office operational framework
- Good understanding of regulatory environment and suitability framework
- Strong analytical mind and problem solving skill
- Fluent in English, Cantonese and Mandarin