Job description A Career with Hang Seng Bank
Hang Seng is committed to service excellence. Our people are our most important asset and play a vital role in our efforts to continually enhance our performance for customers and provide best-in-class products and services. We seek to attract high-calibre talent by offering a dynamic working environment, good career development opportunities and competitive compensation packages. Retail Distribution - Business Risk and Sales Quality
Hang Seng's Retail Distribution focuses on personal wealth management and financial services. Our one-stop wealth management initiatives are designed for both our affluent and mass integrated account customers. With more than 270 branches and service outlets, including around 60 Prestige Banking Centres for our high-end personal customers, we serve over half of the adult population, offering an extensive range of products.
We are currently seeking high caliber professionals to join our department as Business Risk Management Manager
. Principal responsibilities
- Implement the highest standard of risk management, control and compliance as required by the Group on wealth management business and local regulatory requirement
- Carry out impact analysis, conduct robust review as well as driving the execution with an aim to boost sales control effectiveness and performance.
- Communicate strategic directions with the concerned parties including product owners, Risk Compliance and Legal departments so as to comply with the Group/regulators requirements for new business initiatives and existing revolving business/regulatory requirement.
- Ensure all control measures relevant to the job responsibilities are undertaken to minimize the risk exposure of the Bank by observing the established internal control systems and monitoring the effectiveness of these systems
- Keep abreast of relevant group guidelines as well as regulatory requirements, and identify their impacts and necessary controls on the sales activities in the branch network
- University degree is preferable
- Minimum 5 years' experience in the Financial Services Industry. Previous experience in compliance, audit, risk management, or any other oversight, monitoring function is a plus
- Knowledge in Investment and Insurance sales process; and understanding in relevant operational, conduct risk and internal control principles are advantages.
- Customer centric mindset and ability to manage complex interactions effectively
- Ability to bring divergent ideas to create new and valuable solutions
- Good problem solving, interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong self-motivation and ability to work independently
- Ability to communicate effectively with proficiency in both English and Chinese
If you would like to explore other opportunities at Hang Seng Hong Kong, please visit www.hangseng.com/careers/ for details.
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we're leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at the HSBC Group. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.