JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com .
J.P. Morgan is a place for talented people from all backgrounds and perspectives because our clients come from all backgrounds and perspectives. We encourage a culture of inclusion, where everyone's opinion counts and all employees have the freedom to deliver their absolute best. This is why we work hard and invest in attracting and developing a diverse workforce. Learn more about our Business Resource Groups in how they help our employees build successful careers and reach their greatest potential.
This job description outlines the key goals of this role. In an ever-changing commercial environment, this role and its responsibilities will evolve in line with the needs and demands of the business. Description:
Senior Researcher (Sector/Country specialism, Senior Researcher SC or SC) mainly handles BRC requests with high quality output. The Senior Research SC has own aligned sectors or countries, which require deep and wide knowledge for them. The Senior Researcher SC is certified to handle from basic to Level 3 requests. The SC is also expected to be buddy-ing and mentoring for junior staff. The SC requires training skills for both bankers and researchers. Roles & Responsibilities: Operations:
- Process the requests in timely and cost effectively with value added manner.
- Professionally handle the tasks even at difficult situations, such as heavy queue conditions
- Handle the requests from basic to Level-3 by the queue conditions
- Senior Researcher is certified to handle basic research and Level 3 across modules like Market Research Level-3, Topical Level-3, Quant Level-2, Economic & Financial Lelvel-3.
- The SC Researcher has Sector Level-3 skills and knowledge, including sector sources and basic contract information.
- Subject matter expert on topics such as Merger & Acquisitions
- Demonstrates ability to find information in niche sectors, details and regulations, contracts agencies, associations when required.
- Ability to reference interview and discuss requirements with bankers. The SC can suggest alternative solutions if required.
- Understanding of bankers' urgency and business requirements.
- Good role model of juniors for GCFO customer service.
Knowledge & Skill set:
- The SC is expected to s elf learn and grow knowledge of their sectors independently, alongside formal training.
- Senior Researcher is certified to handle buddy-ing on market research or quant
- Training and mentoring of junior BRC staff. Communicate when junior staff as a mentor
- Training in any topics. The SC should be good at the training for both bankers and researchers.
- General understanding of Investment Banking industry, familiarity with investment banking terminology, trends and frequently requested information.
- Working knowledge of all the major regional databases, product and information sources, including understanding of their contract limit and copy rights.
- Professional communication skills both with the bankers and the researchers. Can show client focused manner to the bankers, and can be a role model to the junior researchers.
- Complex level research skills for topical 3 level
- Deep understanding of own sector terminology, sources, availability of information.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft application used in the business.
- Graduate/Post Graduate in any discipline
- Experience of Researcher at least 6-7 years
- Need to pass spot check/assessment with certain level, 80%
- Be flexible in working hours/shifts in order to meet the changing demands and requirements of the business