Business Planning Manager (China/HK Based)
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
We are preparing for the application to set up a new wholly owned entity in China.
We are looking for a candidate with strong business management and planning as well as stakeholder management experience and outstanding analytical skills to support the application process, the development of business strategy, and the subsequent establishment of the company. This will require working closely with teams across Standard Chartered, both in Greater China and globally (such as Financial Markets, Technology, COO, Compliance, Risk, and Finance).
The candidate must have experience working in a fast paced, demanding environment and have proven track record in business planning and strategy development. Strong communication skills and the ability to influence stakeholders across the organisation are required to be successful in this role. The Role Responsibilities
- Develop business plan and strategy of the entity together with coverage and product stakeholders, including product offering, client opportunity mapping and market/ peer data analysis
- P rovide support for the overall program management and workstream oversight
- Act as a key contact point to support internal and external approval processes, including management and regulatory communications
- Identify and escalate risks and issues; help workstreams resolve issues
- Based in HK initially
Our Ideal Candidate
- The ideal skill set would combine Financial market knowledge, a 'consulting toolkit' and/or project delivery skillset and 5 years of working experience
- Has knowledge of Financial Markets' products and prior experience in front office / business / operations role, or b anking consulting experience with a top tier firm and/or with strategy functions of leading banks. Greater China knowledge and experience highly valued
- Has experience in developing and organising business strategy and interacting with senior stakeholders
- Is a strategic thinker with strong business analysis and planning skills; capable of identifying and interpreting a wide range of issues, and a 'big picture' understanding
- Has exceptional organisational, problem solving and written / verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working in a relatively unstructured, project-based and multi-cultural environment
- Is resilient and tenacious with a propensity to persevere
- Has excellent problem solving and root cause identification skills - methodical and thorough
- Must be a highly-motivated and energetic team player; able to work collaboratively and motivate others to achieve high standards
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and Chinese. Fluent in Mandarin
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.