Our client operates a unique debt advisory business offering services to help their clients navigate the complexity in the credit, distressed and special situations market, with a focus on the Asia-Pacific region. They are seeking a pro-active and energetic individual to join their capital markets advisory business as a Business Manager based in Hong Kong. Your main responsibilities is required to execute projects in the functions the Business Manager oversees (Accounting, Operations, Legal and Compliance, Investor Relations, Technology, HR/Talent) Good learning attitude and equipped with a strong knowledge within the Debt market is a plus.
- Manage the Sourcing and Deal Pipelines. Ensure the pipelines are kept up to date and issues are highlighted during the lifecycle of a deal.
- Work with the external accounting firm to produce monthly P&L, balance sheet and cashflow statements.
- Work with the external compliance consultant to complete monthly SFC FRR reporting, to ensure the compliance manual and policy & procedures are up to date and all requirements are met by employees.
- Take ownership over budgeting and expense management ensuring the company will have a culture of prudent cost management.
- Work with deal teams to complete Know Your Client (KYC), Corporate Professional Investor (CPI) Assessments and Anti-Money Laundering (AML) requirements for all clients/deals.
- Ensure the firms requirements are met and documentation is retained appropriately.
- Complete annual regulatory requirements in partnership with the external consultants including the Business & Risk Management Questionnaire (BRMQ) and annual financial returns.
- Work with the external auditor to complete the annual audit requirements.
- Partner to identify and onboard new employees.
- Ensure employee receive training and development when required.
- Develop and manage vendor relationships
- Take on certain regulatory required roles including Manager in Charge (MIC) for certain functions.
- Work to obtain Responsible Officer status over time.
- University degree holder in Accounting and Finance
- Minimum 8 years of working experience with the relevant functions from the financial industry
- CPA is a plus, good knowledge about basic accounting and compliance is required when dealing with external vendors
- Independent and able to take ownership of all middle and back office duties
- Being agile and attention to details is essential
- A strong team player and able to work under tight deadlines
- Multitasking skills is required as you will need to support front office team members and the management team on any ad hoc projects
- Fluent in both spoken and written English and Cantonese is a must, Mandarin a plus