- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- UBS AG
- 17 Mar 18
Are you a proactive self-starter motivated to drive business forward? Do you know how to make sure things run smoothly? We're looking for someone who can:
– drive growth and strategy of the business
– oversee the day to day management of the front to back control environment
– manage regulatory risks and driving continuous improvements to operational risks controls.
– coordinate and manage relationships with Business Heads, Sales and Trading, and various functions within the Firm
– review and ensure commercial viability and sustainability of business, identifying efficiency opportunities and ensuring solutions are implemented consistently on a global basis
– drive and implement business-wide change and business enabling initiatives, managing a portfolio of projects, ensuring efficient use of technology and front to back alignment
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
You'll be working in the Investment Bank Chief Operating Officer (COO) team supporting the Equities business based in Hong Kong with a particular focus on the Global Financing Services (GFS) business lines. The COO function supports the Asia Pacific Equities GFS business which provide a range of services to hedge funds and asset managers including a fully integrated Prime Services platform, synthetic prime brokerage and clearing/ execution of Exchange Traded Derivatives (ETD) products. We oversee and monitor the delivery of the regional front to back operating environment, regulatory and audit affairs, operating efficiencies as well as performance and development whilst working in close partnership with the businesses.
Your experience and skills
– a university degree with 5+ years of professional experience
– experience in dealing with the Equities front to back operating environment.
– understanding of Global Financing Services products and relevant regulations preferred
– a proven track record of project or change management experience
– an excellent communicator, with persuasive presentation skills
– well organized, with an innate sense of how to prioritise when handling multiple competing priorities simultaneously
– able to analyze large quantities of data and identify key conclusions
– a strong team player helping others, while also having the ability to work independently, acting as a self-starter and a problem solver
– confident in challenging the status quo and driving continuous improvement
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.