Business Manager- Private Banking
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- ALS International
- 23 May 19
Our client is a major private banking group headquartered in Europe and operates worldwide. Due to the growth of the business, there is now an additional headcount to hire an experienced Business Manager to join the Bank.
In this role, you will have to ensure an effective, risk-controlled and regulatory compliant operating environment for the Private Banking (PB) function based in HK. You will need to perform first level quality assurance and reviews for client on-boarding matters and periodic reviews. You will also need to perform supervisory pre-trade selling suitability assurance reviews. You are responsible for:
- Provides training to new Client Relationship Officer (CROs) and Client Service Officer (CSOs) on systems, processes, and policies.
- Review and approve exceptions related to dealing and advisory functions.
- Review and approve risk control activities (e.g. KYC Review, Investment Suitability, AML).
- Provide operations and transaction approvals and with Business Risk Management in order to ensure effectiveness / efficiency of the First Line of Defense.
- Represents the front office in different working groups to drive strong risk culture in the front office.
- Contributes to enhancement and automation of control processes in the front office.
- Manages Front Office audits and operational risk incidents and ensures appropriate PB representation in Risk and Compliance governance committees.
- Ensure consistent control standards are applied and necessary remediation is performed.
To qualify for this role, you must have the following requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in finance, or related discipline with a minimum of 7+ years working experience in private banking
- A risk-oriented mindset that can balance business needs with risks and controls
- Strong analytical, technical and problem-solving skills coupled with excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience in providing business-related services and support in a large organization including the ability to work effectively with different stakholders.
- A solid working understanding of Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint.
- Attentive to details, ability to multi-task and work well under pressure.
If you are interested in this role, please send your cv to email@example.com . For further information or a confidential discussion, please contact Denise Lim at +852 2920 9133.