Business Development Manager - Global Trade and Receivables Finance
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- 04 Oct 17 2017-10-04
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you’re looking for further opportunities to develop your career, take the next step in fulfiling your potential right here at HSBC.
Global Trade and Receivables Finance comprises over 4,500 people across more than 60 countries, helping suppliers and buyers with their export and import finance needs. Trade is where HSBC began in 1865, when we financed commerce between Europe, North America and Asia.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Business Development Manager.
In this role, you will
- Active involvement in running initiatives in close collaboration with the Global Banking and Commercial Banking teams.
- Close engagement with the regional finance team to deliver timely management information to the sites.
- Active tracking of the regional pipeline and the relevant metrics relating to the same
- Organizing and participating in Business Development calls to gain necessary insights
- Provide strategic inputs for senior management engagement with stakeholders
- Preparation of monthly updates or presentations capturing key Global Trade and Receivables Finance wins, pipeline activity and support required
- Actively engage with the business planning teams to run and track various initiatives
- Respond to queries raised by the customer group teams from time to time regarding Global Trade and Receivables Finance deals and other issues
- Working with marketing and with the in country teams to ensure that the necessary inputs are obtained and the draft submissions are made in accordance with our strategy to the respective organizations.
- Support Senior management teams with relevant inputs for periodic media briefings
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- Masters of Business Administration or University degree with several years of relevant banking experience, preferably in Global Trade and Receivables Finance
- Strong analytical ability, comfortable with and be able to articulate financial numbers
- Demonstrated ability to influence outcomes
- Possess the ability to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple source, ascertain anomalies and apply sound business and commercial acumen
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to drive the strategic agenda across numerous countries
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 00009U6R
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited