Business Development - Indices
Markit is looking for an index marketer with good industry experience to join the Asian Indices team in Hong Kong. Markit is building out its team of product specialists to grow its Asia-specific product offerings. The focus of the role is to drive the commercialization and brand awareness of Markit Indices in the Greater China region. Duties & Accountabilities:
Education and Experience:
- Provide input/expand the business development strategy for APAC and get buy-in for the strategy from key stake holders within Indices, Marketing & Sales and the Asian product management team
- Provide assistance in executing the index business development strategy in APAC
- Work collaboratively with sales to engage the Greater China market and commercialize Markit's Indices
- Build/expand long term relationships with asset owners, asset managers, consultants, regulators and industry bodies in the fixed income/index space in APAC
- Engage sales team and provide training on how to pitch index products
- Support sales campaigns and new index product launches in APAC
- Lead the creation of new index opportunities - attend client meetings and conference calls with salespeople to present the current thoughts and ideas of Markit Indices and to understand and manage client requirements
- Gather and provide regional intelligence internally on specific trends/client issues
- At least 3-5 years of relevant working experience
- In-depth knowledge of and practical exposure to Greater China financial markets
- University degree with a major in a relevant subject
- A keen interest in the developments and trends within financial markets in indices and related areas such as fixed income, asset management and ETFs
- Excellent verbal and written skills are a must.
- Good presentation skills - needs to be articulate and able to represent indices and the wider Markit product offering to clients.
- Mandarin and/or Cantonese language skills would be beneficial but not essential
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace. In addition, in the United States, we perform pre-employment drug testing and are required as a federal contractor to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.