Business Banking Customer Due Diligence Approval - Business Banking
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- 15 Feb 18 2018-02-15
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you’re looking for a role where you can continue to make an impression, take the next step at HSBC where your contributions will always be valued.
Through Business Banking our global network offers comprehensive support and services to businesses in the SME market. From expanding overseas to managing the cash and trade flows of an established enterprise, the Business Banking team of Relationship Managers and Product Specialists provides a range of end-to-end solutions designed to help small and large businesses reach their potential.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Business Banking Customer Due Diligence Approval.
In this role, you will
- Inspect and verify the accuracy, appropriateness and sufficiency of each profile review from Global Standard team to control the completion quality of high risk customers profile reviews
- Provide prompt assessment and execution of customers retention approvals by examining information and documentations collected from customers against both external and internal information or intelligence
- Ensure each profile review complies with regulatory, compliance, internal standards and fit for purpose
- Resolve all identified issues that arise during the approval process and escalate concerns to management as appropriate to ensure timely awareness of any material concerns
- Provide timely and effective feedback on Customer Due Diligence quality to respective Global Standard team heads
- Track the process and approval records for management control and oversight
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- University graduate with a degree in business, finance or a related discipline
- Solid experience in the banking industry is an advantage
- Knowledge in commercial banking products and systems, regulatory requirements on corporate customers and experience in handling Customer Due Diligence review for corporate customers preferred
- Knowledge of risk management and proven experience of ensuring compliance with relevant regulatory processes and risk control
- Comfortable addressing complex issues and escalating to management as necessary
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Sound communication skills in written and spoken English and Cantonese, fluency in Putonghua is an advantage
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 000094UB
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited