Business Analyst, Mkt Risk Project (Fin) - 1-yr Contract
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Work closely with Market Risk project team on infrastructure development and improvement, and refining the existing Market risk capital reporting process under a 12-month project
- Work closely with Market Risk department and support on the upcoming Quantitative impact study ("QIS") on the New minimum capital requirements for market risk
- Implement process improvements on end-to-end Market risk capital reporting process
- Ensure timely and accurate submission of regulatory returns related to Market risk capital reporting and relevant Pillar III disclosures.
- Implement effective and efficient internal control on Market risk capital reporting
- Implementation of new regulatory reporting requirements related to Market risk capital reporting
- Bachelor's or master's degree in finance, accounting or related disciplines.
- CPA, CFA, FRM or other professional qualifications preferred.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in market risk reporting and analysis.
- Deep understanding of financial products (interest rate swaps, FX swaps, credit derivatives, etc) and its key PnL and risk drivers.
- Experience in project management, change management and process re-engineering. Knowledge or experience in Banking (Capital) Rules, Banking (Disclosures) Rules, interest rate risk in banking book (IRRBB) or techniques in VaR methodology will be a plus.
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills and problem-solving skills with ability and confident in interacting with internal senior stakeholders, peer teams within and outside finance and regional counterparts.
- Self-starter and independent thinker with strong analytical skills, data mining skills and a flexible and pro-active mind set.
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment and able to prioritize task and provide forward looking alert on critical risk issues.
- Well versed in Excel and Excel VBA, Power Point, SQL and Access / SAS.
- Willing to assist other team members occasionally and take up ad-hoc tasks as assigned by team head.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.