Business Analyst (Asia-Pacific)
- Attractive package
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Robert Walters Hong Kong
- 09 Feb 18 2018-02-09
The person in this role will occupy a key position as the company grows their client base and expands their product range across Asia-Pacific. This role will have specific responsibility for the development and completion of client testing. Initially key focus will be on UAT. As experience grows, you will also become involved with external clients and in Business Analysis.
* Work with clients to gather and document business requirements
* Provide subject matter expertise to the development team throughout the project lifecycle
* Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders
* Work closely with clients to guide them through change
* Create a knowledge base to mitigate the number of escalations to the Client Delivery Director
* Maintain the company's reputation for high-quality project delivery
* Develop test plans, detail test script and agree them with both the client and the development team
* Co-ordinate testing timeslots with the Development team and the client
* Responsible for sign off between system testing and User Acceptance testing
* Ensure high quality and accuracy is maintained throughout each software release
* Working with the developers to diagnose and explain/resolve any unexpected behaviour.
* To provide feedback to the development team and ensure the work is carried out in accordance with the schedule and the quality requirements
* Acting as key contact person for any questions about the expected system behaviour
* Working with the Development team to translate the business requirements into programming tasks, providing sufficient education to the developers to enable them to do their job effectively.
Production Services Liaison
* Manage handover from UAT to Operations Team
* Day to day management of client communications in relation to testing
* Acting as key contact person for any questions about the expected system behaviour.
* Ensure that all requirements and testing are documented to a high standard
* Provide monthly summary of testing activity to Management.
This role is technical in nature and we are looking for a good match to the following criteria:
* A self starter and hard worker.
* Good team player but not frightened of working on their own.
* Solid willingness to learn.
* Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Articulate and able to communicate effectively in written and spoken Mandarin and English (Cantonese speaking will be a key asset)
* A strong professional presence with the ability to communicate well with clients and IT developers.
* Needs to be able to hold their corner and to be able to deal with a spirited work environment.
* Able to deal with constantly changing / very dynamic environment.
* Pro-active in recognising and adapting to potential issues before they turn into problems.
* Basic SQL skills.
* Attention to detail.
* A commitment to quality and a thorough approach to work.
* Highly IT literate particularly with the Office Suite.
* Highest levels of professionalism, honesty and integrity.
This role will be based in Hong-Kong, although occasional business travels in the region will be required.