See job description
Smartstream (SS) is an accounting ledger system used by our Client’s Securities Services Division to allow faster response to global changes and harmonization of the practices around accounting. It is a need to ensure the system stability, capacity and performance to provide comprehensive and information dealing with the business growth and future development.
The team, located at the junction of Finance and IT, is responsible to provide solution and support to the ledger system. As part of the team, you will ensure the reporting requirements from the users are captured, efficient propositions are made and reviewed, developments delivered by IT are validated and user comfort on the long run is taken care of by proper follow up. You will challenge the requirements and solutions to ensure a faster, smoother and perennial process.
System Enhancement and contribute to the efficiency of the delivered solution
- Challenge requirements for a more rational effort spending
- Write and/or review BA documentation (e.g. function spec, user guide)
- Keep track of long term benefits of solutions put designed and rolled out
- Perform/support system testing (e.g. SIT & UAT)
- System Production Support
- Provide support to resolve production incident raised by end user or by IT
- Identify the root cause of the incident by applying sound error tracing technics
- Liaise with the related parties (e.g. IT, Operations, Front Office) to resolve the incident in a timely manner
Assistance to project management
- To put in place and maintain the projects documentation:
- Define roles and responsibilities
- Document risks and issues, highlighting impacts
- Maintain planning
- Follow up on action
- To ensure regular and efficient communication within the project team and to the stakeholders
- Coordinate the contributions from the various parties to ensure the planning is followed
- Ensure escalations are made timely to avoid unnecessary time/budget slippage
Essential Knowledge/Skills :
- Strong hands-on development experience on J2EE with strong knowledge of Spring, Hibernate, EJB, JBOSS, Swing, Spring Batch, RESTful WS and related Technologies on a x86 WinTel multi-tier architecture.
- Solid understanding of data modelling, database design and SQL/TSQL with a major database technology (Microsoft SQL Server preferred) and best practices associated.
- Strong practical performance tuning experience on large scale J2EE financial system.
- Experience in developing Client UI with technologies such as HTML, CSS, Swing, jQuery, java scripting.
- Proficient in Software Engineering Techniques, Software Engineering Architecture, Software Engineering Lifecycle and Data Management in both waterfall and agile model.
- Experience in Reporting development on enterprise reporting platforms such as SAP BI, Crystal reports or Business Objects.
Qualifications and Experiences:
- With a minimum of 8 years’ relevant experience
- Experiences in project management
- Good knowledge of Accounting Systems (ERP systems like SAP, General Ledger Sourcing
Other Preferred Competencies (not mandatory):
- Solid background in Finance function with a good understanding of accounting terms, processes, instruments and transactions.
- Good understanding of general banking operations, applications and front to back framework
- Excellent communication skills in English (verbal/written) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines under pressure
- Able to understand complex financial system architecture
- Self-initiative and details oriented
About Our Client
Our client is a prestigious international bank with a long history of providing corporate banking solutions to businesses and to large local companies, financial institutions and multinationals. We look for talented, tenacious individuals who are hungry to progress and eager to grow their knowledge.
Values and Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at our client the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. They are an equal opportunity employer and are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of our client to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.