Branch Risk Monitoring and Control Manager - Retail Banking and Wealth Management
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- 06 Sep 17
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you’re looking for further opportunities to develop your career, take the next step in fulfilling your potential right here at HSBC.
Retail Banking and Wealth Management serves more than 50 million customers worldwide with a complete range of banking and wealth management services to enable them to manage their finances and protect and build their financial futures. It is a global business that brings together management responsibility for Retail Banking, Wealth Management, Insurance and Asset Management with a focus on customer-centric propositions and innovative and efficient distribution channels.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Branch Risk Monitoring and Control Manager.
In this role, you will
- Drive initiatives for ensuring financial crime of branches per Group policies and regulatory requirements
- Monitor and assess compliance risks associated with branch activities and identify issues with recommended solutions
- Support financial crime compliance assurance activities for branch
- Assist of implementing financial crime control projects, retail banking wealth management and Group directions
- The main role of the job holder is to drive financial crime initiatives of branches in order to ensure branch business activities fully comply with the Group's highest internal control standards and regulatory requirements.
- Build knowledge of front line staff on financial crime control via effective and regular training, coaching, workshops and test of knowledge activities
- Support branch management to raise awareness of financial crime and help build a risk adverse culture in branches
- Work closely with various stakeholders of branch management, Division financial crime compliance Monitoring and Control Manager to deliver financial crime risk related goals and measures
- Identify compliance issues and put forward their recommendations with our Group values and courage integrity
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- University graduate preferably with a business degree or equivalent
- Sound knowledge on branch level financial crime controls and branch operations
- Years of experience in executive positions with work experience in branches or financial crime control area preferred
- Good problem solving skills
- Able to work very independently
- Excellent interpersonal skill and able to communicate effectively at all levels
- Excellent command in written and spoken English
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 00009F4E
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited