Director at Pinpoint Asia Limited
Our client, a large enterprise, is building a massive Data and Analytics platform to provide real-time big data capability. The selected candidate will be leading the infrastructure platform and architecture design and build. It is a great position for someone who wants to build something recognizable and well-known in the market.
- Work with the key stakeholders to design the infrastructure architecture which is the best fit for the new data analytics platform.
- Provide recommendations on the architectural design of the Infrastructure and Analytics platform which supports the scalability of the platform.
- Define the infrastructure standards, requirements, and configuration of the hardware and system software required.
- Guide the infrastructure architecture strategy, roadmaps, and blueprints.
- Evaluate options on Infrastructure design and build options and provide the best recommendations.
- Define the hardware requirements for high availability and disaster recovery strategy.
- Manage the infrastructure team across the infrastructure build and implementation.
- Provide Infrastructure services best practices across the technology teams.
- Manage vendors to implement system infrastructure including hardware and system software.
- Review technical documents submitted by vendors which ensure all the requirements are met.
- At least 10 years of infrastructure architecture experience in a large-scale implementation environment.
- Strong knowledge of different database technologies including NoSQL, MongoDB, Oracle Database, and Microsoft SQL Database.
- Experience with design and implementing high-performance computing and network infrastructure for large-scale data lake / data warehouse capabilities.
- Experience with Cloud-based platforms like AWS, MS Azure, GCP would be a great plus.
- Strong infrastructure experience across servers (Windows & Unix), databases, network, and security.
- Strong leadership skills, interpersonal skills, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills in English and Cantonese.
- Bachelor / Master Degree from a Reputable University.
If this outstanding opportunity sounds like your next career move, please send your resume in Word format to Danny Kwan at firstname.lastname@example.org and put Big Data Infrastructure Architecture Lead - Greenfield Programme in the subject header.
Data provided is for recruitment purposes only.
Headquartered in Hong Kong, Pinpoint Asia is the go-to Specialist Firm for Technology Recruitment
We are a team of specialist tech recruiters (many of our recruiters come from an IT background) and we serve a wide range of clients, all the way from tech startups (especially FinTech) to some of the top Financial Institutions on Wall Street and several other large scale enterprises in other industries.
Our significant market reputation and status as the leading search firm for many of our clients is a direct result of our strong industry relationships, intimate understanding of the marketplace and proven ability to deliver results.
Our vision is to help companies hire smarter and help job seekers get closer to their career aspirations.
To see all our open jobs please reach out to us at https://pinpointasia.com/job-search/ (EA License # 62713)
We are also seeking top-calibre candidates for the following exciting roles:
1) Network Security Engineer - Asia Financial Group
2) C++ Software Engineer - Global FinTech Group
3) Capital Markets/Finance PM/BA - Fast-growing MNC Consultancy