Banking and Finance Lawyer - Corporate Trust and Agency Services (CTAS)
Harneys Fiduciary is an independent provider of specialised corporate, trust and fiduciary services operating from key offshore and onshore locations around the world. We provide an integrated, flexible and personalised end-to-end service to a client base of corporates (international businesses and financial institutions), investment funds, high-net-worth individuals and intermediaries. Our integrated service offering is delivered by agile experts who have a deep understanding of our clients’ needs and unparalleled knowledge of jurisdictional matters. We work closely with the lawyers in our associated law firm providing our clients with bespoke and integrated legal and administrative services.
Harneys is strictly an equal opportunities employer and we recognise the benefits of diversity.
What you’ll be doing
Reporting to our Director - Corporate Trust and Agency Services (CTAS), we are looking for a dynamic talent to join as Banking and Finance Lawyer, CTAS to strengthen the practice.
- Contribute to the production of the business strategy for Harneys Fiduciary CTAS business line.
- Lead Sales and Business Development initiatives to develop a pipeline of new business CTAS sales.
- Manage and develop the execution of the business strategy in accordance with agreed business/commercial objectives.
- Win business from private credit lenders, banks and referrals from lawyers and other professionals in the market.
- Provide legal advice and sign off to the CTAS business line in its capacity as Corporate Trustee, Facility, Security, Successor Agent, Bond Trustee, Payment or Escrow Agent.
- Develop existing and new business distribution networks to attract business in Hong Kong, the region, and globally.
- Draft and maintain CTAS documentation as agreed with the CTAS Director
- Lead new business negotiations from prospects through to sales to on boarding. Ensuring all Harneys Fiduciary new business take on procedures are met and signed off.
- Prepare and negotiate terms for individual engagements.
Fiduciary General Responsibilities
- Managing the provision of legal guidance to Fiduciary teams as required.
- Hosting and delivering training sessions aimed at briefing Harneys Fiduciary staff in relation to legislative changes, practice and precedents.
- Developing and leading on appropriate business development activities across all Fiduciary offices as required.
- Participating in meetings as required.
- Working in conjunction with the Regulatory Law Practice to ensure compliance with any regulatory changes including applicable AML/CTF/PF laws that affect the group
- Ensuring the business is compliant with its regulatory obligations, including annual reports, license fee payments, notifications and applications to BVI competent authorities.
Qualifications and experience
- Admitted to practice law in the UK or another common law jurisdiction.
- A minimum of 10 years’ post-qualification experience at a major law firm (onshore offshore) or as in house lawyer for a medium or large size business conducting international business.
- Proven ability to manage complex legal issues in a calm and impactful manner.
- Exemplary stakeholder management skills across a diverse population of legal and fiduciary professionals.
- Experience of complex multi-party, syndicated finance, structured finance and lending experience. Understanding of the law relating to corporate trustees, security agents, paying agents, bond trustees and escrow.
- Deep experience in the CTAS industry in Hong Kong with a proven network of market contacts in order to secure an ongoing flow of new CTAS business