Balance Sheet Mgmt Group Mgr
The Balance Sheet Mgmt Sr. Grp Mgr manages multiple teams through other managers. In-depth understanding of how own sub-function contributes to achieving the objectives of the function. A good understanding of the industry, direct competitors' products and services, is also necessary in order to contribute to the commercial objectives of the business. Requires thorough understanding of strategic direction of the function within the relevant part of the business, combined with a solid conceptual/practical grounding in both the function and/or area of expertise and related subject areas. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Some external communication/negotiation may be necessary. Responsible for executing functional strategy in area managed. Determines approach to implementing functional strategy. Accountable for end results, budgeting, planning, policy formulation and contribution to future strategy of the area(s). Impact reflects size of team managed, strategic influence on the business and interaction with other functions or businesses. Full management responsibility for multiple teams, including management of people, budget and planning, to include duties such as performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary actions and terminations and budget approval. May be doing involved or responsible for diverse (cross-discipline) activities. Typically, a direct report to a C16 role and function as an intergral member of the functional leadership team within a country/site location, job family, or line of business. Responsibilities:
- Contributes to the governance of funding, investing and analytics of the balance sheet. This includes
- Participates in managing liquidity and interest rate risk, the capital/legal entity structure and capital planning as well as managing rating agency relationships.
- Involved in capital markets activities including commercial paper and securitization; liquidity, accrual risk oversight and transfer pricing.
- Leads firm wide liquidity risk policy and standards, establishing the framework for sizing liquidity requirements including internal stress testing framework, developing contingency funding plans in conjunction with other stakeholders, providing liquidity oversight to Citi's global entities, and ensuring that Citi maintains adequate liquidity appropriately positioned to meet the company's global needs both in normal market conditions as well as during periods of stress.
- May manage and direct larger teams via the oversight of Direct Reports. Part of a team which actively manages the balance sheet by ensuring adherence to established targets in order to achieve liquidity, balance sheet and capital return metrics.
- Engages in the establishment and monitoring of liquidity, interest rate risk and balance sheet limits.
- Liaises with businesses to ensure both an understanding and the ability to manage those limits in a well-governed environment which allows for business growth.
- Interacts with regulators, senior management and ALCO committees.
- Conducts CCAR, CLAR, Resolution Planning and transfer pricing is also required.
- Performs other duties and functions as assigned.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 15 plus years of experience within financial services
- Solid understanding of financial products on a bank's balance sheet
- Established effective leadership and management skills with ability to build relationships
- Clear consise communication skills, both oral and written
- Excellent analytical and problem solving ability
- Solid understanding of the Treasury function within a bank
- Ability to multi-task and ability to work under pressure
Job Family Group:
- Bachelors degree, potentially Masters degree and managerial experience
Finance Job Family:
Balance Sheet Management Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting