You will work in a fast-paced environment on an online platform that serves 300+ sites globally.
You'll work alongside highly experienced and talented product owners, scrum masters, QA, & developers to analyze, architect, & build solutions based on business needs.
You have good written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills, attention to detail, and good presentation skills.
You'll work with experienced and talented people all over the world. Many of the people you collaborate with will be in a different time zone from you, and you are someone who is excited by the prospect of learning new cultures as well as sharing your own.
As a backend engineer, you will work closer with senior back end engineer for backend development , and work with other team such as front end dev team to ensure good quality delivery and on-time delivery
Technologies we use include React, Node, Java, MySQL, Docker, Kubernetes, and more. Key Responsibilities :
Skills & Requirements
- Developing API based on the given requirements and solving user experience challenges with Node.JS/Java etc.
- Contribute to the core services, including Payment/Registration, to ensure the best-in-class user experiences
- Work closely with Dev team to deploy scalable technical solutions & partner with global engineers to contribute what you build into our global technology products
- Liaise with front end teams to ensure their success development based on the backend design
- Troubleshoot & problem-solve when urgent technical solutions are needed, and provide root cause analysis
- Support senor engineer to contribute to the strategic direction of the platform, and leverage broad industry knowledge and an outward looking perspective to inform process / tooling changes and import relevant insights and best practices into the business
- Enforce technical best practices and clearing down technical debt. Increase the overall stability of code by writing defensively with thorough unit testing.
- Improve code integration & deployment tooling, automated testing, & continuous integration capabilities. Monitor code produced by the team and ensure that CI environments are maintained in a green state.
- Ensure that technical documentation is kept up to date, comprehensive and accessible, and that there is active contribution and understanding of this documentation across the team.
- More than 3+ years of experience building software applications Back-End
- Experience building, analysing, profiling, or debugging large-scale distributed systems
- You have expertise with versioning tools (Git, Bitbucket, Github) and provisioning tools (Jenkins, Docker)
- You have a technical background with expertise in engineering principles and design patterns
- You have a computer science degree or equivalent experience
- You are passionate about writing clean, modern, maintainable, & highly-performant code
- You have a positive, collaborative, and solution-oriented approach
- You have experience working in an Agile team and using Jira
- You have strong communication skills with excellent interpersonal effectiveness, in one-on-one interactions and presenting to a room
- You have self-awareness and a desire to continually improve
- Able to communicate effectively in English & Mandarin (Putonghua)
Nice to have
- Experience with large-scale E-commerce application
- Enthusiasm for Agile development methodologies like TDD & Pair Programming
- Experience with Behat/Gerkin or other test automation frameworks
- Familiarity with AWS/Ali Cloud/Azure or other cloud providers