Works under the responsibility of the Head of Program – Business Intelligence to manage technical and integration activities for all the BI initiatives, across Asia markets. Responsible for planning, coordinating, monitoring, and driving BI project activities across all regional and local stakeholders to completion within scope, on time and on budget, with a focus on quality while following IT and Global Project methodologies. Helps to ensure continued alignment, collaboration, coordination and communication on project activities across project team members, and all project stakeholders across markets, regions and with Global (if necessary).
• Responsible for all the BI projects planning activities – actively planning and monitoring all IT project activities (for the related in-scope projects) against planned timelines, pro-actively calling out risks, escalating issues and suggesting mitigation steps to achieving planned milestones.
• Responsible for updating the project plan with detailed activities to ensure clarity on required effort/ timeline to achieving required milestones.
• Collaborates closely with:
- Senior BI Architect, who is responsible for overall technical solution design of these projects, to monitor and manage timeline and resources required for different project activities;
- Regional tech team members and regional business stakeholders to ensure alignment on inter-linked project activities in the BI projects;
- Regional/ Global Project Team members to help ensure contractors/ vendors deliver the expected project deliverables to the agreed timelines, and the expected quality.
• Provides regular, comprehensive, and accurate project status report (with quality, risk, planning etc) to ensure project progress is communicated effectively to key stakeholders.
• Anticipates and identifies issues and risks related to the project and proposes feasible solutions/ mitigation steps where necessary. Manages overall project log of issues and risks – and proposes solutions and/ or facilitates required discussions to address these risks, issues.
• Collaborates closely with the Head of Program to manage and monitor project costs and budget. Provides timely project budget status.
• Manages and monitors interdependencies in close collaboration with project team members, by working with different teams/ vendors, including business stakeholders, country-specific vendors and other IT teams.
• Collaborates with Regional Project team members to organize, coordinate and plan for technical/ integration testing activities.
• Communicates closely with the Global Project team to ensure alignment of the Regional project plan with the overall Global plan.
• Supports Project Team Members with completing detailed project tasks in a hands-on capacity, when necessary.
• Manage the expectations of stakeholders who are involved or impacted by all BI projects.
• At least 8 years’ work experience as a Project Manager for Global/ Regional/ Multi-country initiatives, preferably related to regional/ global systems deployment.
• Experienced in managing end-to-end project life cycles and leading projects involving multiple internal/ external, local/ global stakeholders.
• Experienced working at a Global/Regional/Local level (with multiple countries).
• Experience in deploying IT systems or processes in a Global or Regional capacity is preferred but not a must.
• Experience in managing and working with external vendors/ consultants.
• Experience in retail, hospitality or luxury retail desired.
• Solid project management experience with advanced analytical ability, good judgment, and strong attention to detail.
• Solid understanding of technology (general).
• Pro-active, independent, self-starter.
• Ability to identify, prioritize tasks within resource and time constraints.
• High level of initiative and able to manage multiple tasks.
• Attention to detail.
• Organized, self-motivated, enthusiastic and proven rapid learning capability.
• Analytical and strong problem-solving skills.
• Able to take on detailed, analytical roles when necessary.
• Ability to define and monitor key project milestones and dependencies.
• Proven multi-tasking skills and desire to resolve problems and understand users’ needs.
• Strong team player and proactive collaboration with Project team members and stakeholders.
• Effective communication, engagement and interpersonal skills.
• Strong fluency in English
• Result Driven / Follow-through – the ability to mediate differences and facilitate constructive discussions to ensure project goals are achieved.
• People-centric / Multi-cultural Sensitivity – the ability to exercise reasonable empathy for co-workers and stakeholders from a diverse perspectives with an inclusive approach.
• Proactive - anticipates and drives to meet project activities needs.
• Analytical / Attentive to Detail – the ability to demonstrate critical thinking capability; the ability to visualize concepts and accordingly formulate into project plans.
• Collaborative – actively partnering with stakeholders to drive the project through its critical milestones.
• Effective & Facilitative Communication – ability to produce high quality written communications and documentations in a timely manner; the ability to present project milestones in an organized and comprehensive manner.