Associate | ETF and Index Investment/Product Strategy | Hong Kong
Description About this role Your Team
BlackRock's ETFs and Index Investments team (EII) safeguard over $4 trillion in global index equity assets across Global Developed Markets, Emerging Markets, Commodities and Real Estate Investment Trusts. We offer investors one of the industry's biggest choices of index investments.
Our investment teams include professionals who have deep experience within their respective markets, looking after the assets of institutional and individual investors alike. Our clients benefit from our portfolio management expertise and our culture of performance and risk management.
Our purpose is to help more and more people achieve greater financial wellbeing and it's something we feel passionately about! Your Role and Impact
We have an opportunity for a Product Strategist to join our Hong Kong-based Equity Index Investments team. The responsibilities of the Strategy team span product development, research, client service, product positioning, reporting and education focusing on commingled funds, mutual funds and separate accounts. This individual will support global equities, real estate equities, ESG and Smart Beta strategies. We're looking for individuals who are passionate about making a difference and have the know-how to make it happen - both as Students of the Market as well as Students of Technology! Your Responsibilities
The responsibilities our strategists are given include:
• Provide ongoing service and support to EII's clients and prospects. This will include responding to day-to-day client requests, pricing new business and completing RFPs/RFIs
• Develop and maintain product marketing materials, client presentations and customized analyses that articulate strategy objectives, characteristics and performance
• Advise clients on all aspects of portfolio strategy including portfolio management, trading, portfolio analytics, performance reporting, transitions, and securities lending. Articulate competitive advantages to clients
• Build robust relationships with various BlackRock groups in order to support the EII business including product specialists from other investment and service teams, distribution channels, and operational groups as needed
• Assist in the development of new product ideas
• Develop and maintain differentiated consultative relationships with large central bank, pension, foundation/endowment, bank, insurance and asset manager clients and prospects
• Contributing positively to our culture and supporting diversity, equity and inclusion You Have
We're looking for individuals, from a variety of backgrounds, who have:
• A passion for financial markets and technology
• Knowledge of both equities and the indexing ecosystem
• High levels of self-motivation and a strong work-ethic
• Inspiration to work on behalf of clients
• The desire to make an impact
• A passion to be constantly learning and developing new skills every single day Skills/Qualifications:
The aptitudes we look for in our team include:
• High attention to detail and accountability
• Excellent presentation skills to contribute to as well as lead internal and external client meetings
• The ability to work quickly and accurately in a fast-paced environment
• A strong desire to work collaboratively and great relationship-building skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.