- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Hong Kong
- 09 Jan 18
Associate, Treasury Transformation
- Location: Hong Kong
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Business Unit: Treasury Transformation, TreasuryLeading the way in International Banking. We support the people and companies driving investment, trade and wealth creation across Asia, Africa and the Middle East. And our heritage and values are expressed in our brand promise - here for good. See our Brand and Values
We are currently looking for Associate, Treasury Transformation
The main objectives for this role are:
* Drive balance sheet optimization through analytic solutions. The candidate should be the key driver and promoter for the use of analytical tools in balance sheet management and strategy formulation in the countries within his scope.
* Drive operational efficiencies, helping reduce reliance on time-consuming processes and drive centralization and automation of standardized and analytical solutions.
* Work closely with Regional Treasury Markets and Treasury Risk to identify opportunities to leverage analytical solutions in driving revenue generation and/or operational efficiency - and lead these initiatives.
* Support the Central Treasury Transformation team in standardizing methodologies and solutions, ensuring that the regional perspective is represented and considered in these discussions.
* Ensure that Treasury Markets and Treasury Risk are supported with quantitative analysis to enable effective management and optimization of the balance sheet in light of regulatory and internal policies / limits.
* Drive continuous improvement, streamline and standardization of processes in the Regional Treasury Markets and Treasury Risk team to ensure they operate efficiently.
Required Knowledge, Experence and Competencies
* Degree in Finance / Statistics / Engineering or other related fields.
* 1 - 3 years of experience with exposure from Treasury, Asset and Liability Management, IRRBB & Liquidity Risk, and / or Risk / Treasury operation / systems.
* Basic understanding of balance sheet management concepts and liquidity risk management concepts.
* Proven ability to comprehend business requirements and processes, and to identify inefficiency, risk, and to provide appropriate business solutions or alternatives.
* Good analytical and Excel modelling / forecasting skills.
* Self starter with a "can do" attitude.
* Good communication and interpersonal skills, with ability to forge strong relationships with counterpart and stakeholders.
* Critical thinker with good analytical and problem solving skills.
Ideally, the candidate would come from either a banking or management consulting background. Graduate with the relevant intern experience will also be considered.
A diverse culture
We are committed to building a culture that fosters a diverse and inclusive environment that's free from bias, where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution. This is just one of our values that is expressed in our brand promise - here for good. Apply Now...