About this role Team Description Our traders execute a critical role in relation to alpha generation for scientific, fundamental and index based products. They are seasoned traders that partner with portfolio managers to optimize returns through a variety of trade types. Traders represent our firm
About this role
Our traders execute a critical role in relation to alpha generation for scientific, fundamental and index based products. They are seasoned traders that partner with portfolio managers to optimize returns through a variety of trade types. Traders represent our firm for a selective group of markets or asset classes and are the primary owner of BlackRock’s interface with top tier prime brokerage firms. Traders are part of the Global Trading and Liquidity Management team and offer the premier securities finance product in the market today.
We are actively searching for a Securities Lending Trader to join our team based in Hong Kong.
- Trading the APAC Equities and global Fixed Income Securities Lending book
- Maximize revenue through the application of active trading strategies based on fundamental analysis of companies, sectors, and market variables
- Analyze book performance and market trends on a daily basis, providing commentary to management and investment teams
- Manage, maintain and build out counterparty lending relationships in order to maximize the profitability derived from these relationships
- Manage risk with strong attention to even the smallest details
- Leverage technical and quantitative skills to improve trading performance, including working closely with researchers and developers to build best in class quantitative and technological solutions
- Coordinate with trading desks in London and New York to ensure consistency of our trading strategy
- Build strong working relationships with internal operations teams, including understanding their daily process and helping drive efficiencies to improve revenue, performance and mitigate risks
- University degree educated
- 2+ years’ of professional experience, trading experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Forward thinking active trading ability is an absolute must, with superior people and relationship management skills equally as important
- Analytical mindset is key, be able to prove clear, logical & structured thought processes
- Advanced experience with Excel and other technical abilities preferred (SQL, VBA, Business Objects, Python) – will give equal consideration to candidates without expertise but with an aptitude and desire to become proficient
- Demonstrated intellectual curiosity in financial markets, an appetite for consistent learning is a must, experience and/or knowledge of APAC markets is helpful
- Ability to work under pressure and to multi-task
- Creative thinker and comfortable taking initiative in pursuing new opportunities
- Ability to work both independently and within a team as required
- Self-motivation, strong worth ethic, and positive attitude
- Ability to listen and work in an environment that is dynamically changing
BlackRock’s purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2019, the firm managed approximately $6.84 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.