Associate System & App Specialist
About the Role
In line with Division objectives and under instructions/controls of a technical lead or manager, to assist the technical support/administration of systems/databases/applications for internal or external customers ensuring integration with other projects. What to expect:
What will make you successful:
- Under control of a more senior specialist, participate in the day-to-day systems administration/management activities that may include initial set-up, configuration, testing of hardware and software platforms, user account administration and/or customization to maintenance and upgrade projects.
- Identify problems and participate in problem management resolution by collecting and tracking data and progress. May resolve issues regarding on line transactions, system status and procedures, downtime procedures in accordance with the service level agreement.
- Interact on routine issues with network services, software systems engineering and /or applications development, in order to restore availability of services and/or identify problems.
- Identify and propose system modifications in order to reduce user problems on systems, databases, applications, or a combination thereof.
- Set up and configure test environments ensuring accurate and timely provisioning.
- Update existing training packages for internal use and problem management procedures for existing products/services. Provide technical support to the other divisions by delivering product demos.
- Participate in the review of problem situations and identification of opportunities for improvement to processes, procedures or tools.
- Acquire technical and product knowledge to resolve problems
- University degree IT / Engineering or related
- 0-3 years experience in a similar position. Candidate with more experience could be considered as System & App Specialist
- Excellent analytical and assessment skills
- Excellent communication skills, fluency in English
- HP Unix OS knowledge, RedHat Linux knowledge and application support
- Knowledge in following areas is an advantage: Oracle SQL, scripting, TCPIP, DNS
- On roster for weekend shift with compensation and allowances
You may like to know the team better by knowing the people in the team. Review Linkedin profiles of the people from the list below:
Bon Tang - Team manager
Polly Ip - APAC Recruiter What we offer
We put you in control of career
We give you a competitive package
We help you perform at your best
We help you make a difference
We give you the freedom to be yourself We give you the freedom to be yourself. We are creating an environment of unique individuals - like you - with different perspectives on the financial industry and the world. An environment in which everyone's voice counts and where you can reach your full potential regardless of age, background, culture, colour, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion , or veteran/military status.