- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
Associate, Structured Finance (Aviation)
- Location: Hong Kong
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Associate, Structured Finance (Aviation)We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Provide junior support in the coverage and/or execution of transactions for Aviation Finance Commercial team in line with the assigned projects and deals
- Assists the team in pricing a deal/transaction ensuring that risk/return hurdles are met.
- Performs robust risk analysis and ensuring adherence to the relevant bank polices and Aviation Finance underwriting standards.
- Supports the team in related marketing activities, preparation of proposals etc.
- Supports the team with internal process including PSR, BCA, modelling, research, etc.
- Work on the execution of debt deals and operating lease deals, including drafting LOI, attending negotiating meetings with the seniors, working with internal counterparties prior to and after the deal closing.
- Research and financial analysis of companies based on company information, research reports, and other information sources
- Involved in day to day project management and execution support
- Maintain related Work Bench entries
- Coordinate efforts with deal team members across the Bank
- Assist with Control Room notifications
- Complete all required credit and regulatory examinations
Our Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor degree from a reputable university in a relevant discipline such as finance, commerce, business administration, economics, mathematics or engineering
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin)
- Strong analytical skills and creative problem solving abilities
- Highly motivated individual with a strong record of achievement in academics and/or summer/full time employment in CF or Industries
- Solid financial evaluation, credit analysis, and excel abilities
- Ability to excel in both team and self-directed settings and deliver under time pressure
- Strong work ethics, detail orientation and a passion for excellence
- Attention to details
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.