- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Hong Kong
- 30 Nov 17
Associate, Regional Analytics
- Location: Hong Kong
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.Standard Chartered is a leading international banking group committed to building a successful and sustainable future for our people, our customers and the communities we serve. With 1,700 branches and offices in 68 markets in Asia, Africa and the Middle East, we offer exciting and challenging international career opportunities to over 89,000 employees.
The main objectives for this role are:
- Drive balance sheet optimization through quantitative solutions. The candidate should be the key driver and promoter for the use of analytical tools in balance sheet management and strategy formulation in the countries within his scope.
- Drive operational efficiencies, helping reduce reliance on time-consuming processes and drive centralization and automation of standardized and analytical solutions.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Work closely with Regional Treasury Markets and Treasury Risk to identify opportunities to leverage quantitative solutions in driving revenue generation and/or operational efficiency - and lead these initiatives.
- Support the Central Treasury Transformation team in standardizing methodologies and solutions, ensuring that the regional perspective is represented and considered in these discussions.
- Ensure that Treasury Markets and Treasury Risk are supported with quantitative analysis to enable effective management and optimization of the balance sheet in light of regulatory and internal policies / limits.
- Drive continuous improvement, streamline and standardization of processes in the Regional Treasury Markets and Treasury Risk team to ensure they operate efficiently.
Qualifications and Skills
- Self starter with great attitude.
- Degree in Finance / Statistics / Engineering or other related fields.
- Solid experience either from banking or consulting, with exposure to Treasury, Asset and Liability Management, IRRBB & Liquidity Risk, and / or Risk / Treasury operation / systems.
- Basic understanding of liquidity management, as well as balance sheet management concepts and dynamics across commercial and trading balance sheets.
- Proven ability to comprehend business requirements and processes, and to identify inefficiency, risk, and to provide appropriate business solutions or alternatives.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, with ability to forge strong relationships with counterpart and stakeholders.
- Fast learner with good problem solving and analytical skills.
- Some exposure on Excel modelling and forecasting.
- Ideally some exposure to Balance Sheet Management platforms (Moody's Fermat, Sungard, Oracle, QRM etc.) and booking platforms (Murex, Kondor, etc.).
- Familiarity with Standard Chartered infrastructure will be highly regarded.
- Technical skills in SQL and VBA will be highly regarded.
- Experience with IRRBB will be highly regarded.
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
Third Party Applications
Please note: Applications from third parties are not accepted unless by invitation.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Standard Chartered is an equal opportunity employer. We have a meritocratic culture where each individual employee is valued and respected for who they are as a person and for what they bring to the organisation.