Associate (Private Equity)
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Brock & Decker
- 17 Apr 19
Our client is a Private Equity player investing capital within mid-sized companies throughout Asia. Currently, they seek to add an Associate to their Hong Kong office. Ideally, it will be a native Vietnamese speaker to strengthen Sout-East Asia investment team.
- Overall responsibility for day-to-day execution and implementation of transactions assigned by senior deal team members
- Coordinate with senior team members on investment opportunity assessments, structuring and financing processes and more complex transactions/projects (play a supporting role in negotiations)
- Take responsibility for and coordinate junior team members in their task distribution.
- Implement and enforce transaction process management – assumes full responsibility for valuation and due diligence analyses performed by junior deal team members
- Structure, coordinate and execute all due diligence work streams
- Take responsibility for financial and operating modeling and valuation performed by junior team members
- Take responsibility for all marketing materials and assembling (or drafting where appropriate) of all transaction documentation
- Take responsibility for portfolio companies monitoring, including regularly preparing for and attending management diligence sessions and, where appropriate, portfolio board meetings (including dealing directly portfolio company management teams)
- Begin to developing expertise in select industries in coordination with the senior deal team members
- Private Equity experience is essential. You must understand how Private Equity functions and have a track record of closed deals.
- Investment banking experience is a plus
- Ability to build strong, positive relationships based on trust
- Team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Native in Mandarin Chinese OR Vietnamese and fluent in English