Associate, Insurance Ratings Analytical
Standard & Poor's is looking for a highly skilled individual to join our Financial Services Ratings group as an Associate based in either our Hong Kong or Singapore office. The Associate will cover a portfolio of insurance credits with a focus of on either Greater China or South East Asia depending on where the individual is based. Key Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
Skills & Qualification:
- Analyzing information and data for determining ratings on insurance companies and their debt issues
- Making recommendations and presenting to rating committees
- Drafting press releases, company-specific reports, and industry commentaries in a fast-paced environment with publication deadlines
- Effectively communicating to clients Standard & Poor's methodology and procedures
- Continuous monitoring of operating performance of rated companies, including reviews of public filings and private information supplied by issuers, and participation in client meetings
- Meeting with issuers and investors on analytical matters and assisting in resolving clients' analytical needs
- Contributing to Standard & Poor's global and regional analytical sectoral forums, and authoring related commentaries
S&P Global Ratings
- Bachelor's degree. Actuarial background, advanced degree, or CFA charter is a plus.
- Minimum five years of experience in an analytical position. Working experience in the insurance industry is a plus.
- Good understanding of financial and capital markets, business environments, and relevant insurance regulations in Greater China or South East Asia.
- Solid financial statement analysis skills and accounting knowledge
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- A demonstrated ability to give effective presentations to senior executives
- A highly motivated team player who can work autonomously in a global, multi-cultural and fast pace environment
- Ability to undertake rigorous analytical work and be proficient at writing analytical reports
- Strong Chinese language skills preferred (including reading and writing).
S&P Global Ratings is the world's leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings. Equal Opportunity Employer:
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
202 - Middle Professional (EEO Job Group) (inactive), 20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), RATNGS202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
261688 Posted On: