Associate, General Accounting / Corporate Controllers
- Not Specified
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- 22 Sep 18 2018-09-22
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Overview of Responsibilities
This individual will be responsible for supporting accounting policy, regulatory finance and other
controllership activities across Asia-Pacific, reporting to the Accounting and Regulatory-Finance
Policy Lead for the region. Responsibilities include:
• Assist Accounting and Regulatory-Finance Policy Lead with implementation of new IFRS
standards and other ad hoc projects and initiatives.
• Provide support to local Controllers on technical accounting issues and document
• Assist with technical reviews of financial statements, ensuring harmonization of reporting
and compliance with BlackRock IFRS policies;
• Participate in the design and execution of technical accounting training covering new and
existing accounting requirements;
• Liaise with Deloitte on accounting developments impacting Asia Pacific.
• Assess, monitor and research regulatory developments in APAC and communicate the
impact of these to relevant parties;
• Assist in developing APAC regulatory finance policy;
• Coordinate quarterly Finance & Compliance meetings;
• Maintain an APAC regulatory-finance issues log and drive action points;
• Coordinate regulatory updates for local Controller groups;
• Ensure the region is compliant with internal regulatory policies and procedures.
• Assist APAC Corporate Control Lead in coordinating global and regional initiatives
Experience and Skills
The role requires an individual with experience working within the financial services industry. The
individual will be highly organized, results orientated and have proven project management
capabilities. The successful candidate should have the executive presence to effectively represent
their function with senior management throughout BlackRock with a profile as follows:
• A minimum of 5 years post-qualified experience within the financial services industry,
including corporate controllership or policy; or big 4 background.
• CA / CPA license or equivalent with a strong academic record;
• Executive presence including excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both
written and oral;
• Ability to manage multiple priorities, establish and adhere to a work plan/program approved
by management and operate in a deadline driven environment. Proven project
• Strong written and oral communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills and a proven
ability to work in a deadline driven environment;
• Sound judgment and decision making ability, being assertive in the application of those
The successful candidate will receive a highly competitive cash compensation package that will
include a base salary and a discretionary incentive bonus.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.