- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Hong Kong
Associate, Financial Institutions, Global Banking
- Location: Hong Kong
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
The Client Manager is the pivotal relationship in the Client Delivery team responsible for delivering exceptional client account management. The Client Manager is responsible for proactively managing the client account on all day to day maintenance activities to ensure the highest level of client service and relationship health. The Client Manager will support the Senior Bankers/Bankers on an aligned client portfolio to ensure strong client delivery execution.
The role will support insurance portfolios comprise of global and regional insurance companies.
- Provide direct support to the Senior Banker/Banker through proactive client account management of the following activities:
- Ensure the highest level of client service and risk mitigation through proactive client account management support with client on-boarding (liaising with COBAM), credit monitoring (liaising with CA COE) and flow maintenance
- Actively engage and collaborate with Clients, Senior Bankers/Bankers and Product Partners to understand and respond to any issues/concerns relating to the ongoing account maintenance including highlighting any unusual utilization patterns to coverage teams.
- Provide proactive support on account maintenance activities like documentation, reporting etc by engaging and collaborating with the client, COBAM, CA, CRC, LDU, MDU, Legal and Compliance and relevant ops teams as required to ensure the clients expectations are met or exceeded
- Escalate issues/concerns relating to account maintenance activities to the CM Team Lead for follow up as relevant
Documentation: Credit (existing deals - Renewals/Amendments) & Other (Excluding credit approvals)
- Engagement and coordination with Legal & Compliance, Credit, CRC, CDU and Clients on standard documentation requirements such as standard terms, country supplements, banking facility letter, master credit terms, supplementary letters etc
- Obtain necessary approvals for T&C deviations on standard documentation from the relevant authoriser as necessary
- Follow through to ensure documentation completion and validate limits are correctly loaded/reflected in TP systems
- Ensure document deficiencies are minimised (as reflected in DDW etc) and are rectified in a timely manner
- Engage and follow up with COBAM if required with respect to any outstanding CDD related items e.g Update known changes, respond to case queries, CDD overdues, approval/review of CDD cases, etc.
Account Management & Portfolio Quality (Excluding credit approvals)
- Manage flow maintenance on client portfolio as assigned. Examples of flow maintenance are specified below
- As a secondary qualitative measure, in the event that key client data hasn't been accurately captured by COBAM or any other data capture owners, ensure general portfiolio hygiene of client data ie correct client tagging, limit information, segment classification etc in SCI, WorkBench.
- Annotate on past dues and excesses daily in the portfolio. i.e. Ensure excesses/past dues are regularized on time and cash/cheques are released on time. Any exceptions to be highlighted to Banker and CA.
- Act as escalation points for Unsettled (FX) Past Due Trades reports & Failed trades reports, working closely with Operations where relevantSupport Loan Drawdown, Cash Management, LTP Trades (FI), Trade Offerings & Audit Confirmations
- Manage any client related data queries and remediation efforts, including first level escalations on account maintenance activities
- Seek transactional approvals as necessary (ie trade, cash) and release trade offerings on time to ensure faster TAT on trade transactions.
- Attend ASTAR Review meetings as appropriate and articipate in relevant business meetings, forums or committees as required
- Provide support on other projects as assigned