- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Hong Kong
- 29 Jan 18
Associate, FCC, Sanctions, GCNA
- Location: Hong Kong
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Ensure that key changes (to laws, rules, regulations) are communicated and cascaded (in region/country), in coordination with group communications. Support relevant stakeholders to make decisions based on current and possible future policies, practices, and trends. Keep track of and provide advice to relevant stakeholders on the interpretation and application of regulatory expectations, laws, best practices and policies related to FCC.With at least 5 years of relevant experience in Sanctions advisory, the responsibilities include -
Business (Responsibilities related to the delivery of business and / or financial objectives)
- Ensure that key changes (to laws, rules, regulations) are communicated and cascaded (in region/country), in coordination with group communications.
- Support relevant stakeholders to make decisions based on current and possible future policies, practices, and trends.
- Keep track of and provide advice to relevant stakeholders on the interpretation and application of regulatory expectations, laws, best practices and policies related to FCC.
Processes (Processes for which the role is responsible under the ORF as 1st & 2nd line; for executing / completing, and for supervising)
- Providing governance and oversight over the implementation of FCC-related policies and procedures in GCNA Region to ensure compliance with such policies and procedures.
- Provide advice to relevant stakeholders on compliance with Group standards relating to Sanctions.
- Manage and/or resolve alerts/cases/SARs.
Risk Management (Responsibilities Under Risk Management Framework - both execution and supervisory)
- Understand technical aspects of systems relevant to CDD, Client Risk Assessments, Name and Transaction Screening, AML Monitoring and Case Management.
- Establish and maintain watch lists used for customer and transaction screening and various other due diligence and investigative purposes (local/regional internal and external).
- Provide advice on the application of risk management frameworks (e.g. ORF, GRA).
- Apply Group and FCC policies and processes (AML surveillance, client screening, risk assessment) to manage risks.
- Make recommendations (and/or implement) to relevant stakeholders on possible risk management responses to identified risks and/or findings of concerns from investigations.
- Assess risks arising from products / segments / geographies / customers / transactions.
- Identify financial crime risk indicators through various internal/external sources that impact SCB and its clients.
- Implement Sanctions risks identification and assessment methodologies.
- Advise relevant stakeholders on outcomes of Sanctions risks identification and assessment methodologies.
- Conduct a root cause analysis on the control/other failures to ensure lessons are learned across the bank.
- Provide intelligence (to internal forums) on specific clients, client-types and emerging risk typologies.
- Support all control checks undertaken by FCC under the Operational Risk Framework (ORF).
- Be accountable for identification and escalation of potential risks and issues to senior management through appropriate governance channels and the Quality Assurance framework.
- Analyse and interpret data to produce reports that help the bank identify and manage emerging areas of risk / vulnerability and thus drive remediation action within the FCC function.
- Regulatory & Business conduct (The below is mandatory standard wording, do not remove)
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the GCNA Regional Sanctions Team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Operation of Financial Markets; Financial Crime Prevention; The Right Environment
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Compliant with Hong Kong Monetory Authority ("HKMA") regulations and requirments.