- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Hong Kong
- 07 Dec 17
Associate, FCC, CDD Advisory
- Location: Hong Kong
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.Strategy (Responsibilities that are related to the development and implementation of a strategy)
- Input to Group/Region/Country/Client Business operating model design of relevant FCC and business processes.
- Help ensure that there is adequate support (people, processes, tools, frameworks, systems) in the Country for necessary FCC controls.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Business (Responsibilities related to the delivery of business and / or financial objectives)
- Help analyse comprehensive impact of financial crime related regulatory matters on the relevants business area and its operations.
- Help ensure that key changes (to laws, rules, regulations) are communicated and cascaded (in country), in coordination with group communications.
- Support relevant stakeholders to make decisions based on current and possible future policies, practices, and trends.
- Keep track of and provide advice to relevant stakeholders on the interpretation and application of regulatory expectations, laws, best practices and policies related to FCC.
Processes (Processes for which the role is responsible under the ORF as 1st & 2nd line; for executing / completing, and for supervising)
- Help develop, keep up to date and recommend for approval by the relevant Risk Committee, appropriate policies/processes/DOIs to address financial crime risks, aligning with relevant regulatory requirements.
- Assist in providing governance and oversight over the implementation of FCC-related policies and procedures in Country to ensure compliance with such policies and procedures.
- Provide advice to relevant stakeholders on compliance with Group standards relating to AML/Sanctions.
People and Talent (Responsibilities related to people and talent matters)
- Helo promote and embed a culture of openness, trust and risk awareness, where ethical, legal, regulatory and policy compliant conduct is the norm.
- Collaborate with training teams to input to training curriculum to support closing of capability gaps.
Risk Management (Responsibilities Under Risk Management Framework - both execution and supervisory)
- Help apply Group and FCC policies and processes (client screening, risk assessment) to manage risks.
- Make recommendations (and/or implement) to relevant stakeholders on possible risk management responses to identified risks and/or findings of concerns from investigations.
- Help assess risks arising from products / segments / geographies / customers / transactions.
- Advise relevant stakeholders on outcomes of AML/Sanctions risks identification and assessment methodologies.
- Support senior management oversight of country FCC.
- Help ensure tracking and remediation of surveillance and investigations related regulatory findings.
- Help prepare and cascade lessons learned from audit findings, FCC assurance activities and specific investigations.
- Help review new business requirements and provide solutions where required.
Regulatory & Business conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Support the team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Operation of Financial Markets; Financial Crime Prevention; The Right Environment
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Embed Here for good and Group's brand and values in FCC
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
Qualifications and Skills
Leadership Level: Please choose the leadership level (e.g., Organisation Leader) after reviewing the Leadership Competency Framework
Take the Lead
Target Proficiency Level: Please choose proficiency level based on definition in the Competency Framework (Entry, Core, Advanced or Expert)
Compliance Policies and Standards
Compliance Review and FCC Assurance
Surveillance (including Screening and Monitoring)
Compliance Risk Assessment