Associate Director, Technology Delivery
You are as unique as your background, experience and point of view. Here, you'll be encouraged, empowered and challenged to be your best self. You'll work with dynamic colleagues - experts in their fields - who are eager to share their knowledge with you. Your leaders will inspire and help you reach your potential and soar to new heights. Every day, you'll have new and exciting opportunities to make life brighter for our Clients - who are at the heart of everything we do. Discover how you can make a difference in the lives of individuals, families and communities around the world. Job Description:
- Driving all aspects of digital projects around the enabling power of digital and mobile technologies to help Sun Life achieve its strategic goals.
- Fully responsible for the new digital solutions and evaluations, architecture design, execution of various digital projects across all departments from strategy to implementation.
- This role is accountable for the business driven components of a project and will work in partnership with the Enterprise Services IT and/or vendor to deliver a fully integrated business/IT initiative.
- Create project deliverables that meet/exceed the project sponsor's specified expectations, develop project plans that effectively align scope, time, cost, quality, resources, risk, communication and procurement in a manner that enables highly coordinated execution and control.
- Drive cross-functional teams to lead the definition, scoping, planning and delivery of the digital projects, independently plan and lead the delivery of complex digital initiatives effectively with the business stakeholders and project teams in highly organized manner.
- Effectively collaborate with different business work streams to develop and execute project deliverables, including Business Requirements, detailed project plans, milestone charts, and status reports.
- Identify and resolve any issue on time without impeding the progress. Manage project communications and reporting to all stakeholders. Monitor all projects results for significant deviations and ensure development of contingency plans where necessary , successfully manage and escalate as required for project changes, risks, issues and actions.
- Facilitate business to setup and organize various focus groups where necessary to collect business requirements and feedback.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with IT, business and functional team members to align objectives, resources and expectations.
- Lead project status meetings to apprise all stakeholders of project progress, issues, challenges, risks. Overall responsibility for all project status, dashboard and financial reporting. Adherence to the program governance framework and conduct regular meetings to monitor the progress of each project.
- Responsible to lead the system launch plan and execution; overall collaboration and communication with various functional parties and external customers including advisors.
- Lead and manage the delivery of digital project(s) with appropriate methodologies (e.g. agile, iterative, traditional SDLC) for time to market purpose with reduced risks.
- Bachelor Degree in Information Technology or related discipline.
- At least 10 years of working experience on insurance application development and support, familiar with various operations and knowledge of different lines of insurance products.
- Proven track record in project management for large scale transformation with onshore and offshore resources management
- Familiar with various IT platforms and digital IT solutions in financial industry, good knowledge of digital IT architecture and insurance package solutions, internet/intranet technology; operating systems, latest digital technology of mobile, cloud computing, data analytics, insurtech, fintech, etc
- Experience in architecture design and delivery of digital projects for insurance companies, such as Point Of Sales system, Leads Management, Advisor App / Tools, Client App / Tools, Customer Analytics, etc.
- Experience in multi-national large financial services institutions in a complex and matrix environment.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, able to engage conversations and influence decisions at all levels of senior management. Conduct briefing and presentation to senior executives both internally and externally.Strong analytical and problem solving skills for large complicated and broad issues and able to work independently.
- Strong planning and execution skills for complex environment with various business and IT teams.
- Understand systems, processes, products and the impact to the project and business objectives, Ability to handle multiple projects and priorities and adjust work accordingly to meet target deadlines
We offer 5-day work, attractive salary, MPF, group life and group medical insurance; and excellent career development opportunities to the right candidate.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Application forms and resume will be kept for a period of 24 months after completion of the recruitment process. (All information will be held in strict confidence and only be used for recruitment purpose). Job Category:
IT - Application Development Posting End Date: